• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can you tell if bun enjoying being petted or just putting up with it?

Hi there,

just wondered how you can tell if a bun is liking all the attention you are paying it or if they just going 'eeekkkkk, hoomin touching me, if I stays still they'll go way!! :shock: '

I ask because I've recently discovered I think Barnabunbun likes ear massages - I've been stroking round the root of his ears and his cheek and he seems to like it - not moving and eyes half closing ... but then I started to get paranoid that I'm really only scaring the poor boy half to death and he ain't moving coz he's terrified! Silly I know, but I do worry bout these things :roll:

teeth noise is a good sign. or they get comfy :love::love:

im not sure with Holly myself. shes so statue like but she sometimes does a tooth noise and she sort of adjusts herself too.. i hope thats not fear :shock:

Louie thrusts his nose towards you for nose rubs, then does the teeth chattering bit. If you stop, he keeps nudging you to carry on :D

When he gets fed up he just hops off!

Keith just wanders off if he doesn't want to be stroked. When I rub his cheek he pushes into it a bit, all "OOOH THATS GOOD OOOH". He's a very confident bunny tho.

Hm, I had teeth chattering when I was grooming him earlier (dontcha just LOVE moulting season :roll:) but he was also trying to get down at the same time .... they really confuse me sometimes :oops:

Yes mine do the teeth thing and usually their eyes close and they look like they are dead - they're not obviously just really relaxed.:lol:

Alvin loves fuss BUT im only allowed to fuss him when his wifey is near so he can pretend its not the evil human :roll: but he sort of settles and flattens down, then hops off when hes bored

My Vin half-closed her eyes when she was loving a good stroke. She gave me signs she was fed up by shifting about. She also used to 'shuffle' down into a lower position. :love:

Back