• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Katie, a new found freedom, and loving it.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We got a play pen at the weekend for Katie so she could have a bit of space when we were out. Its not huge but I suspect a lot more than she is used to. Anyway, she took a while to pluck up the courage to come out, but she is enjoying it now, is still a bit ungainly on her legs.
010.jpg

007.jpg

We'll hopefully get her some toys this weekend, but at the moment she is enjoying being able to have a hop around.

Last edited:
aw, lovely to see isn't it?

I recently got a french lop who had been kept in one of the small indoor cages with another frenchie and when we gave him his own hutch/run (a fairly small temp cage) he just ran around chinning everything, going back and forth through his tunnel and throwing his flower pot around. He'd clearly never had any room to move let alone anything to play with.

I think she was really scared with the space to begin with, took her a day to come out. She is getting much more confident generally, although when picked up her eyes swell up again, but she comes across to say hello and lets my put her eye cream in without a fuss or running away.

We are trying to put a floor on a small run- about 5 X 4- which is enclosed on 3 sides, and she will hopefully get out, once she gets her myxi vaccine. We thought it would be good because she wouldn't get too much sun on her eyes and hopefully she will feel a bit more secure.

I think she was really scared with the space to begin with, took her a day to come out. She is getting much more confident generally, although when picked up her eyes swell up again, but she comes across to say hello and lets my put her eye cream in without a fuss or running away.
my two girls were like that, the first day we had them they didn't really move from the spot of the run that we put them in. a week later and they were very friendly and nudging you for attention, I'm sure katie will be the same!
It can be stressful for the both of you when a pet is ill and needs unpleasant attention so it's nice that she's so well behaved and let you put her eye cream in. It will all be worth it when she's better.

We are trying to put a floor on a small run- about 5 X 4- which is enclosed on 3 sides, and she will hopefully get out, once she gets her myxi vaccine. We thought it would be good because she wouldn't get too much sun on her eyes and hopefully she will feel a bit more secure.
sounds fantastic for her. Best of luck.

aw, lovely to see isn't it?

I recently got a french lop who had been kept in one of the small indoor cages with another frenchie and when we gave him his own hutch/run (a fairly small temp cage) he just ran around chinning everything, going back and forth through his tunnel and throwing his flower pot around. He'd clearly never had any room to move let alone anything to play with.

I'm such a dunce sometimes, I was thinking Katie's pen looked bare and would get her some toys at the weekend, your post made me think about what I could do now. I've given her some toilet roll insides and she's had a whale of a time throwing them around, need to think of what to give her next.

Back