• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escapees annonymous

Rachel89

Mama Doe
I think Blue needs to attend some meetings :roll: :lol:

Ive got a high run that goes around half of there space in my garage, it stops were the wall is, just so they don't chew stuff on the sides. Him and Honey have near enough the whole garage which is a triple garage.
Yet he kept jumping over the blooming thing. Theres nothing near he can jump off from, then I caught him just leaping over onto a shelf thats abit higher then climbing down and guzzleing a whole bag of curly kale.
Now I don't leave anything edible the other side but he kept getting out.
So its got a massive cover apart from where the hutch is. Its like there base. Now hes leaping onto the top of the hutch,which is a double story, well he has to scramble abit then jumping down onto a shelf then onto the floor.

Hes doing ym nut in. Hes determind to get out :lol: He needs to attend some meetings for his addiction.

Or I do for being an owbner of a never ending escape artist :lol:

I checked everything again earlier, set up something over the hutch. He escaped, just been sat with them for 40mins waiting to see how hes getting out but he just kept coming over to see what I'm doing :lol:
Huidini is so annoying :lol:

Francis, who I had from 1998-2008 was a fantastic escapee. He could not be kept in any run. He had babies with Lolita, and in 1999 Son of Francis was born. At about six weeks old Son of Francis got free from the run he was in and got into our field. Me, my dad and my mum tried EVERYTHING to catch him that evening, but eventually it was dark, it was late, we gave up. I was pretty upset, sure that he wouldn't make the night out alone, being a tiny baby lionhead cross. He made a home in the log pile and everytime my dad saw him he'd make an attempt to catch him, but always fail. So he was left hay and veg and stuff, and to our surprise thrived.
About four years later (after I'd moved out) Dad finally succeeded in catching him! Maybe he'd had enough of living rough and escaping the fox, and wanted a quiet life. Anyway, mum and dad kept him and he's still alive. Hasn't escaped since.
You're probably wondering about the dates- yep, he is about 11. And completely healthy- never been to the vets.

Heehee yep, he never got given a proper name because my dad reckoned he'd be free again within a few days.
But my dad often names pets in a descriptive way. He is francis' son, so thats what he's called. They have a brown guineapig (also ancient) called Brown Pig.
One year one of the sheep gave birth to a lamb that had no eyeballs- just empty sockets. My dad likes the imperfect ones so he kept him, he was called Blindy Sheep.

RosieBunny thats fantastic, Blues a woose he would be eaten alive. Ive got a babygate infront of the door to go into there so he cant dart for real life freedom :lol:
Hes escaped twice again today. Weve painted there new bedrooms again, just need to put protector on it tomorrow so he can go into it and then I may start haveing heart failure anymore :lol:

Maybe it's a dutch thing? Francis couldn't be kept in a run but he'd always go back in the evening, and Son of Francis is, therefore, half dutch. Dutchies have such lovely personalities :love:

dutchies are veryyyyyyyyyyyyy good escapologists, 3 times i woke to find doc in my room in my old hous, he lived with beth in the kitchen downstairs in my old house, they had an NIC set up hed chew through the cable ties, despite me trimming them, or manage to move the whole frame,

When i rescued him he was a randy lil thing in insolation in my garage often id open the door and he would be standing there waiting for me, outside his enclosure

may just be a male thing as beth, has had many an opertunity to escape with him, always remained in the cage, she would give him the look of " i told you, you would get caught, ner ner "

harry gets out for his animal proof dog cage locks i dont know how tho :shock: so he has to padlocked in sometimes for his own saftey i.e. when builders as knocking the bathroom down like they're atm :roll:

dutchies are veryyyyyyyyyyyyy good escapologists

The only time Bluebell escaped he came looking for me straight away. Scared himself to death when he realised he was no longer safe in his run! :lol::lol:

Sounds like tobies twin!! In tobies room there is a cornered off section with a high gate around it for his hay, food, treats etc as i know how greedy he is. Past few morning ive came in to see him in the hay bag! Once hes in he cant get out. Not even my french lop Su-z can get over it :roll: Free bunny anyone??

Back