PDA

View Full Version : Just Rabbit Hutches...

lisa0307
25-05-2010, 08:05 PM
This site was in the recent Pet Plan magazine...might be of use to someone..:)

http://www.justrabbithutches.co.uk/

RubyTed
25-05-2010, 08:10 PM
All those hutches are far too small. :?

VickiP
25-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Someone with small guineau pigs or rats maybe - are you having a laugh Lisa, they are really out of date, old fashioned spec hutches:?

paulinejoe
25-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Petplan should know better :( i've got the big ferplast cage though which is their loo and hayrack/water station (until they move outside), they're never shut in it, except for a couple of minutes a day for their own safety while i hoover round it on account of Joe having a fancy for electrical cables :lol:

Mazda
26-05-2010, 10:12 AM
i dont think id keep bunnies in them.. but my syrian. now thats an idea!! :lol:

BattleKat
26-05-2010, 10:38 AM
come on guys, it's not all bad.

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 10:52 AM

Which bits aren't? :?

Bluesmum
26-05-2010, 11:10 AM
They really are all too small :?

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Total rubbish selection.

Thing is that these hutches (the wooden ones) are manufactured out in China mostly and are being sold to any importer/retailer that wants so we just see the same old toot being peddled in the UK. Horrid and sadly because they are containerised and sailed over, they are stupidly cheap. Big bucks to be made by the retailers! Some retailers just add their own name to it but basically these are seen on nearly every highstreet, on ebay and online.

Absolultely dreadful and I wouldn't support a seller that sells so many undersized hutches.

People can do sooooo much better than most of those on there.

*bangs head on brick wall*

Mudgy
26-05-2010, 11:46 AM

I'd have to disagree with you. It is all bad. The largest hutch is only 5ftx1ft10ins, and the starter hutch (what is a starter hutch anyway?) is 3ftx1ft3ins!! The "large" run is less than 4ft square.

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd have to disagree with you. It is all bad. The largest hutch is only 5ftx1ft10ins, and the starter hutch (what is a starter hutch anyway?) is 3ftx1ft3ins!! The "large" run is less than 4ft square.

My thoughts entirely, and there is no such thing as a starter hutch. Rabbits need space so why waste money on one that isn't big enough when you first get rabbits, when you know that they will grow and need a bigger one in the end. Absolute nonsense.

rickc
26-05-2010, 11:58 AM
You need to go to specsavers.

From the RSPCA websites i visit quite a few of those hutches (doubles and ones with runs underneath) comply with their standards.

Not saying that all do, but why does so many people immediately dismiss everything just because you may not like it.

If it complys with the RSPCA requirements then you shouldnt be having a go.

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 12:01 PM

From the RSPCA websites i visit quite a few of those hutches (doubles and ones with runs underneath) comply with their standards.

Not saying that all do, but why does so many people immediately dismiss everything just because you may not like it.

RSPCA guidelines are 6ftx2ft. :? I looked at all of those hutches and there was nothing above 5ft, and most weren't 2ft wide. :?

I think you should be the one to visit the opticians. :roll:

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 12:01 PM

Which ones comply with their standards - I do need to put my glasses on as I can't see any (could be missing something).

rickc
26-05-2010, 12:28 PM
RSPCA guidelines are 6ftx2ft. :? I looked at all of those hutches and there was nothing above 5ft, and most weren't 2ft wide. :?

I think you should be the one to visit the opticians. :roll:

Check these measurements

if you go to the bottom section of an RSPCA website it recommends the following sellers, which are selling some of the same hutches from Trixie your talking about this company are selling.

Now i wouldn't recommend some of these hutches but you cannot go around saying these arent good enough when the RSPCA say they are. (and i wouldn't buy them myself having learned that its better to have a 6ft double like i have)

Taken off RSPCA website................................

Suitable Accommodation

The golden rule is that your bunnies’ accommodation can never be too big!

Rabbits love to run loose in the garden – many of you will have seen the sheer pleasure your bunny gets from running full pelt down the garden, twisting and jumping and kicking their back legs in the air. However this access should be supervised as rabbits are at risk from many predators, most obviously from foxes and other known predators but also from neighbourhood cats.

Safe and secure accommodation must therefore also be provided. The minimum recommended hutch size for two average sized rabbits is 5 foot long x 2 foot deep x 2 foot 6 inches high. The height is particularly important to enable your bunny to sit up on its hind legs.

.................................................. .........................................

There are obviously other websites that supply hutches, but here are a few we found that have good sized hutches. We cannot vouch for the quality however, only the sizes.

The Rabbit Hutch Shop

Mr Bun

Forsham Cottage Arks

Rabbit Hutch Warehouse

Kernow Pet Housing

BattleKat
26-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Which bits aren't? :?

at a quick look I've seen people on here use this (http://www.justrabbithutches.co.uk/products/trixie-natura-rabbit-guinea-pig-pen) pen

and I'm sure this (http://www.justrabbithutches.co.uk/products/trixie-natura-apex-rabbit-guinea-pig-hutch-with-run-199x146x93cm) meets the minimum requirements for a hutch.

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Check these measurements

if you go to the bottom section of an RSPCA website it recommends the following sellers, which are selling some of the same hutches from Trixie your talking about this company are selling.

Now i wouldn't recommend some of these hutches but you cannot go around saying these arent good enough when the RSPCA say they are. (and i wouldn't buy them myself having learned that its better to have a 6ft double like i have)

Taken off RSPCA website................................

Suitable Accommodation

The golden rule is that your bunnies’ accommodation can never be too big!

Rabbits love to run loose in the garden – many of you will have seen the sheer pleasure your bunny gets from running full pelt down the garden, twisting and jumping and kicking their back legs in the air. However this access should be supervised as rabbits are at risk from many predators, most obviously from foxes and other known predators but also from neighbourhood cats.

Safe and secure accommodation must therefore also be provided. The minimum recommended hutch size for two average sized rabbits is 5 foot long x 2 foot deep x 2 foot 6 inches high. The height is particularly important to enable your bunny to sit up on its hind legs.

.................................................. .........................................

There are obviously other websites that supply hutches, but here are a few we found that have good sized hutches. We cannot vouch for the quality however, only the sizes.

The Rabbit Hutch Shop

Mr Bun

Forsham Cottage Arks

Rabbit Hutch Warehouse

Kernow Pet Housing

But all of these sellers have at least one 6ftx2ft hutch. This place doesn't even have the option of a 6ft hutch, and most of them aren't 2ft deep.
It's just making people think that there is nothing bigger, so it must be ok! :evil: How can you put this place in a league with Forsham Cottage, Kernow Pet housing and Ryedale hutches.

....there's NO comparison! If more sellers sold bigger hutches, then sooner or later the smaller ones would become obsolete! It's about educating people! I was talking to the guy from Ryedale and he was saying how many people went for his larger hutches (6 or 7ft ones) over the smaller ones, because there is a choice of them!! :roll:

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 12:33 PM
and I'm sure this (http://www.justrabbithutches.co.uk/products/trixie-natura-apex-rabbit-guinea-pig-hutch-with-run-199x146x93cm) meets the minimum requirements for a hutch.

But the hutch part is only about 3ft square and the rest of it would be considered a run as it's not all weather and would require modification to be all weather.

I do not rehome to these as they are.

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Press release from the PDSA this week....

Rae Todd of the RWA circulated this to the members as the RWA is working very closely with the welfare agencies to try and improve the standard of accommodation currently available. This was in a direct response to the Argos state of affairs.

"Sean Wensley, PDSA Senior Veterinary Surgeon, says:
Good news - the PDSA have released the following statement in support of the RWAF's 'Argos' campaign.

“PDSA, the UK’s leading veterinary charity, is concerned that hundreds of thousands of pet rabbits currently face an unhappy, lonely existence in cramped accommodation.

Under the Animal Welfare Act (2006), owners have a legal duty of care towards their pet rabbits, which includes providing them with a hutch that is large enough for two rabbits to be able to lie down fully stretched, to be able to rear up on their hind legs without their ears touching the top and to be able to do at least three hops from end to end. In addition, they need daily access to a safe and secure exercise run in which they can stretch upwards to their full height and be able to run, not just hop. PDSA recommends that hutches should be at least 6ft x 2ft x 2ft high and that runs should be at least 8ft x 4ft x 2ft high.

PDSA is disappointed at the availability of hutches and runs that are too small and prevent owners being able to meet their rabbits’ welfare needs. The charity will continue to raise awareness of the moral and legal duty of care amongst rabbit owners. Most rabbit owners want their pets to lead healthy and happy lives, and PDSA is committed to educating owners on the need for rabbits to have spacious, suitable accommodation. The charity believes that such awareness-raising amongst potential owners, and the creation of demand for appropriately sized hutches and runs, will make them more widely available for purchase.”

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 12:37 PM
at a quick look I've seen people on here use this (http://www.justrabbithutches.co.uk/products/trixie-natura-rabbit-guinea-pig-pen) pen

It's 6ft long, by about 3ft I think. Most rescue's won't rehome to this hutch, as it's living area is so small.

Can you imagine a Frenchie or a Conti in ANY of those hutches? :?

rickc
26-05-2010, 12:46 PM
But all of these sellers have at least one 6ftx2ft hutch. This place doesn't even have the option of a 6ft hutch, and most of them aren't 2ft deep.
It's just making people think that there is nothing bigger, so it must be ok! :evil: How can you put this place in a league with Forsham Cottage, Kernow Pet housing and Ryedale hutches.

....there's NO comparison! If more sellers sold bigger hutches, then sooner or later the smaller ones would become obsolete! It's about educating people! I was talking to the guy from Ryedale and he was saying how many people went for his larger hutches (6 or 7ft ones) over the smaller ones, because there is a choice of them!! :roll:

Im not arguing that, but people have said that nothing complies, and if you read the RSPCA guideline i posted a 5ft hutch x 2ft x 2ft 6 is enough for 2 rabbits. Im not even stating as per my comment that i would buy these hutches, but AGAIN i state you cannot say that nothing they sell complies with the RSPCA when it clearly states on RSPCA websites around the country that they do.

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Im not arguing that, but people have said that nothing complies, and if you read the RSPCA guideline i posted a 5ft hutch x 2ft x 2ft 6 is enough for 2 rabbits. Im not even stating as per my comment that i would buy these hutches, but AGAIN i state you cannot say that nothing they sell complies with the RSPCA when it clearly states on RSPCA websites around the country that they do.

There isn't even a 5ft x2ft hutch (although I believe that they want 5ft hutches to be doubles.

Nothing there does comply!!! Nothing.

If you can link what does then I'll happily eat my hat!! :roll:

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 12:54 PM
There isn't even a 5ft x2ft hutch (although I believe that they want 5ft hutches to be doubles.

Yep, we rehome to 6x2x2 single storey or 5x2x2 double storey. Not that I am associated with the RSPCA as a rescue.

I think that the RSPCA has to look at standardising their requirements properly as I know someone who was homechecked by them and passed who had a 4x3x2 double - she wanted to adopt another rabbit from me and I had to say no. It seems to depend on which branch they go to.

In any event, it's not just the RSPCA that counts here - they are just one agency - the PDSA is just as important and so is the RWA. As a campaign, Make Mine Chocolate! would also not accept any of these hutches as correct for bunnies.

Mudgy
26-05-2010, 12:55 PM

It's very easy to state that nothing complies, when nothing does comply with the recommendations. No hutch on Just Hutches website is larger than L5ftx W1ft10x H1ft7.

helgalush
26-05-2010, 01:08 PM
I think one of the main points is that SO many are undersized which to me just encourages irresponsible pet care. Many rabbits will spend their lives in those hutches with only the odd run about, many rabbits will not get the addition of a run.

So a company that provides a choice of hutches and runs that meet the requirements or excel them can be seen as more reputable and responsible - in my eyes at least.

I go to a retail park sometimes on my lunch break from work and there are at least two different shops selling hutches like these out the front of their shops and selling them as though they are IDEAL for rabbits!!! :shock:

BattleKat
26-05-2010, 01:24 PM
It's 6ft long, by about 3ft I think. Most rescue's won't rehome to this hutch, as it's living area is so small.

Can you imagine a Frenchie or a Conti in ANY of those hutches? :?

I'm not saying they're what I'd personally choose, just that people are being extremely critical in rather a rude way of someone who was just trying to make a helpful suggestion.

I don't think any of those hutches as listed as suitable for giants, are they? That's like criticizing a hamster cage because a guinea pig won't fit in it.

My two nethie crosses are in a coop style hutch at the moment where the hutch is only 4x3, the run is 6x3 and another 6x3 run is attached and they spend all their time down in the run so I don't think the fact the living area is small is really enough of a justification to say it's an unsuitable hutch. even if it were bigger they wouldn't spend their time up there.

Suzanne
26-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Yep, we rehome to 6x2x2 single storey or 5x2x2 double storey. Not that I am associated with the RSPCA as a rescue.

I think that the RSPCA has to look at standardising their requirements properly as I know someone who was homechecked by them and passed who had a 4x3x2 double - she wanted to adopt another rabbit from me and I had to say no. It seems to depend on which branch they go to..

I'm not being critical or questioning you homing policy but I would like to understand. In terms of floor area 4x3x2 double =24sq ft where as 6x2x2 single = 12sq ft Obviously being 6ft long then a bun can get more hops in.

I do agree that the hutches on this site are too small and I would not put my buns in them.

rickc
26-05-2010, 01:34 PM

heres a link to an RSPCA website and as you say for 2 rabbits 5ft, but for 1 rabbit 4ft, and there are several 4ft double hutches,

http://www.chesterfield-rspca.org.uk/rabbit_adoption_information.htm

Now im guessing people are struggling here converting cm into ft

Trixie Natura Double Rabbit / Guinea Pig Hutch 116x111x65cm

the above is a double hutch. and 65cm depth is over 2ft and a ramp down to it.

and this site which im sure you wont agree with but you will need to speak to someone if you dont even advertises that the RSPCA guidelines are met.

http://www.cumfypets.co.uk/4ft-x-2ft-x-4ft-rabbit-hutch-with-built-in-under-run-locking-ladder-with-free-cover-184-p.asp

rickc
26-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm not saying they're what I'd personally choose, just that people are being extremely critical in rather a rude way of someone who was just trying to make a helpful suggestion.

I don't think any of those hutches as listed as suitable for giants, are they? That's like criticizing a hamster cage because a guinea pig won't fit in it.

My two nethie crosses are in a coop style hutch at the moment where the hutch is only 4x3, the run is 6x3 and another 6x3 run is attached and they spend all their time down in the run so I don't think the fact the living area is small is really enough of a justification to say it's an unsuitable hutch. even if it were bigger they wouldn't spend their time up there.

well said, i wish i was so eloquent (hopes ive spelt it right)

helgalush
26-05-2010, 01:39 PM

Hey :wave: I think for me its more the fact that many people wouldnt think to attach a run, and another run. Someone I know for instance just had their bun in a 3ft hutch, that was 3ft from the ground. So the only exercise bun got was when someone let them out for a run around.

I agree the OP was just trying to be helpful.

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 01:40 PM
heres a link to an RSPCA website and as you say for 2 rabbits 5ft, but for 1 rabbit 4ft, and there are several 4ft double hutches,

http://www.chesterfield-rspca.org.uk/rabbit_adoption_information.htm

Now im guessing people are struggling here converting cm into ft

Trixie Natura Double Rabbit / Guinea Pig Hutch 116x111x65cm

the above is a double hutch. and 65cm depth is over 2ft and a ramp down to it.

and this site which im sure you wont agree with but you will need to speak to someone if you dont even advertises that the RSPCA guidelines are met.

http://www.cumfypets.co.uk/4ft-x-2ft-x-4ft-rabbit-hutch-with-built-in-under-run-locking-ladder-with-free-cover-184-p.asp

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/animal_welfare_bill_lft.pdf :wave:

donnamt
26-05-2010, 01:42 PM
oooooh they have the park6, bit pricey tho :shock:

rickc
26-05-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/animal_welfare_bill_lft.pdf :wave:

You are not taking into account double hutches...................which comply........ill fetch the ketchup for you for that hat.

Edited here to not confuse: from RSPCA website

The RSPCA has been campaigning for a better standard of living for small animals.

Hutches and runs are the most important part of this. We have guidelines regarding rabbit and guinea pig accommodation.

As far as we are concerned the BIGGER the BETTER!! Converted sheds are great!

Rabbit Hutches (L x W x H)

For a pair of MEDIUM rabbits. Hutch - 16 sq ft & 2 ft high / 1.44 sq m & 60cm high (i.e. 6ft x3 ft x 2ft Single Storey or 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Double Storey).

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not being critical or questioning you homing policy but I would like to understand. In terms of floor area 4x3x2 double =24sq ft where as 6x2x2 single = 12sq ft Obviously being 6ft long then a bun can get more hops in.

I do agree that the hutches on this site are too small and I would not put my buns in them.

My refusal was about useable space for the buns involved. In fact 4x3x2 double is along the same lines as some wendy houses so the actual total space sounds okay and works for some set ups. This is what I mean about having a useable standard so that everybody can understand it.

As far as my example is concerned I wanted to see an attached run so just having a 4x3x2 hutch and no attached run doesn't work for me. I can see how it can work provided that there is enough attached outside space too that is all weather.

In fact I think that a deeper hutch can be better in some cases than one that is just long - the buns can lay in whichever direction they choose then.

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Well....I give up.

I honestly find it abhorrent that people are ok with them selling those hutches, and nothing but those hutches. :roll: Double hutches don't make up for the lost space. Poor buns, is all I can say. :?

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 01:51 PM
My refusal was about useable space for the buns involved. In fact 4x3x2 double is along the same lines as some wendy houses so the actual total space sounds okay and works for some set ups. This is what I mean about having a useable standard so that everybody can understand it.

As far as my example is concerned I wanted to see an attached run so just having a 4x3x2 hutch and no attached run doesn't work for me. I can see how it can work provided that there is enough attached outside space too that is all weather.

In fact I think that a deeper hutch can be better in some cases than one that is just long - the buns can lay in whichever direction they choose then.

I'd be a happy bunny if more people made 3ft wide hutches!!

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 01:54 PM
You are not taking into account double hutches...................which comply........ill fetch the ketchup for you for that hat.

The RSPCA has been campaigning for a better standard of living for small animals.

Hutches and runs are the most important part of this. We have guidelines regarding rabbit and guinea pig accommodation.

For a pair of MEDIUM rabbits. Hutch - 16 sq ft & 2 ft high / 1.44 sq m & 60cm high (i.e. 6ft x3 ft x 2ft Single Storey or 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Double Storey).

You say 'We' so are you a member of the RSPCA staff then and are you speaking as in interested party, committee member or as a guideline maker?

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Out of interest, what's your guinea pig guidelines?

Shellypops
26-05-2010, 01:55 PM
:shock::shock:... I am SOO glad I have a whole room for my bunnies... all these figures are making my head hurt.. I DO think the OP was trying to be helpful though, but has been educated now even though it may have come across a bit savage:shock:

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd be a happy bunny if more people made 3ft wide hutches!!

Me too and my new hutches are 7ft x 3ft x 2 1/2 ft tall on each storey. I find them much easier to use, great to put big litter trays in, lots of room to hop around and not just up and down, room to sit on a stool and still stand up and good if you have humans round to stay that can sleep in one too.:lol:

Best bit is that they are flat packed and made to order.

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 01:57 PM
:shock::shock:... I am SOO glad I have a whole room for my bunnies... all these figures are making my head hurt.. I DO think the OP was trying to be helpful though, but has been educated now even though it may have come across a bit savage:shock:

Yes, poor OP, didn't mean to offend.

rickc
26-05-2010, 01:58 PM
You say 'We' so are you a member of the RSPCA staff then and are you speaking as in interested party, committee member or as a guideline maker?

Thats a statement from an RSPCA website nothing to do with me..........

apologies everything below the following statment is from an RSPCa website i will correct my original post if i can

FROM RSPCA website

lisa0307
26-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I DO think the OP was trying to be helpful though, but has been educated now even though it may have come across a bit savage:shock:

:lol: Exactly...I can't help what the site is called but as I said in my first post "might be of use to someone"...not necessarily rabbit owners :roll:

RubyTed
26-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Me too and my new hutches are 7ft x 3ft x 2 1/2 ft tall on each storey. I find them much easier to use, great to put big litter trays in, lots of room to hop around and not just up and down, room to sit on a stool and still stand up and good if you have humans round to stay that can sleep in one too.:lol:

Best bit is that they are flat packed and made to order.

Where do you get them from?

I just ordered a three storey 7ftx2ft hutch from Ryedale for Pixie and her boyfriend (when I can think about getting her one :oops:). I wish I'd asked for it to be 3ft wide, but money stopped me. :roll: Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to have a shed/playhouse in my garden (rented) so a hutch was the only choice. It comes on Sunday, and I can't wait! (I fit in the nest box :lol:)

rickc
26-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Nice hutch.

I am considering a 3 storey 6ft x 2ft x 2ft, wasn't too sure if it would be toooo big, IE top heavy something like that you will have to let me know.

I get mine locally to where i live as they come with a fibreglass roof, which means its maintenance free in that respect.

But those hutches are good.

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 02:22 PM
:lol: Exactly...I can't help what the site is called but as I said in my first post "might be of use to someone"...not necessarily rabbit owners :roll:

Hi Lisa.

Thank you for posting this - very useful to know that this was in the Pet Plan magazine. Was it an advertisement or a feature?

lisa0307
26-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Lisa.

Thank you for posting this - very useful to know that this was in the Pet Plan magazine. Was it an advertisement or a feature?

It was on page 47 of the Spring 2010 edition and it was a page titled "Treats From PetPlan"...have posted a picture below...:)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/xxcell/PICT1096.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/xxcell/PICT1097.jpg

The Duchess
26-05-2010, 03:14 PM
It was on page 47 of the Spring 2010 edition and it was a page titled "Treats From PetPlan"...have posted a picture below...:)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/xxcell/PICT1096.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/xxcell/PICT1097.jpg

Excellent, thank you for that. Interesting that an insurance provider promotes a supplier that sells hutches of that size.

Hanlou
26-05-2010, 03:48 PM
May I say as I saw Chesterfield Rspca mentioned that their permanent set-ups for rabbits are horrible, horrible, horrible. The centre is desperately in need of updating but their small animal knowledge is utterly appalling - I could mention several experiences which would illustrate this point if necessary. :?

So please don't use their homing policy to illustrate sound rabbit care as they don't have a clue....... :(

I honestly cannot understand why anyone would argue (for whatever reason) the toss when it comes to measurements. Anyone who has rabbits and watches them binkying about in a decent amount of space *knows* that keeping them in anything less than the usual quoted single storey 6x2x2 or double storey 5x2x2 is very unfair. My guinea pigs have almost a 6x2x2 cage and I intend to enlarge it to give them more space....

I'd like to just point out that small animal cages are also often horrendously small and there must be hundreds of rats, hamsters and mice out there as well as rabbits living a miserable existence because their owner saw a 'suitably labelled' cage and bought it for them. I feel very passionate about accommodation for animals as they generally spend most of their lives in it and I feel we owe it to them to give them the maximum amount of space we can not the bare minimum. :)

ash&crystal
26-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Yes she never said rabbit owners this is getting confusing. I dont know numbers and all that but i was always told 6ftx2ftx2ft, and i am trying to follow that and like everone else says 3 ft is too samll too live in BUT if you had a 3 ft hutch in a lalrge shed and the door was always open then it wouldnt be a problem becaus ethat would only be a bed area!

lisa0307
26-05-2010, 08:18 PM
:lol: I think the only way to sort this out is to FIGHT! :lol:

ash&crystal
26-05-2010, 08:35 PM
:lol: I think the only way to sort this out is to FIGHT! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:):):):lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Suzanne
26-05-2010, 09:08 PM

I hope you didn't think I was being rude or critical. I wanted to understand what is right as many people as me for advice and I wanted to make sure I was giving the right info. Thanks for clarification :D

Hugo's There
26-05-2010, 09:12 PM

We have quite a few 4ft x 3ft x 2ft hutches along with the more regular 6ft x 2ft ones and although they have same floor space, I actually prefer the 4ft ones, for some reason the extra depth makes them seem bigger and there is more space for toys etc :)

Nicola1
26-05-2010, 09:42 PM
We have quite a few 4ft x 3ft x 2ft hutches along with the more regular 6ft x 2ft ones and although they have same floor space, I actually prefer the 4ft ones, for some reason the extra depth makes them seem bigger and there is more space for toys etc :)

Yeah, I just got a double decker 6ft x 2ft and I'm a bit disappointed thought I would have more space! maybe 6ft x 3ft is the way forward :)