• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clover's not well again U/D we have a squishy poop and some eating!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Clo wouldn't eat his breakfast this morning. We tried the usual tummy rubs and a drop if gripe water, but he wouldn't start eating :(

Just been to the vets - he's had the gut stimulant and painkiller, and I've got Baytril to give him once a day, and food for syringe feeding. Plus she suggested some probiotics - she said use a spare water bottle and see if he'll drink it that way.

There were no gut sounds, and his tummy was a bit swollen. :(

It seems like we've got his diet sorted for his sticky bottom, but now he has this problem instead.

And he's lost 200g in weight. We knew he'd lost some, cos we've got down the amount of carrot he was having and gradually cut down the pellets too. He eats like a gannet, but has lots of exercise.

He's 1.35kg now, which is still more than Butter and Blackie, but Dan is still 1.65kg

Any spare vibes would be appreciated

Last edited:
Oh no poor Clover :(

Im sure its just his little tummy adjusting to the change in his diet. He's had the right meds so Im sure he'll perk up soon and be fine :)

Loads of vibes coming his way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no poor Clover :(

Im sure its just his little tummy adjusting to the change in his diet. He's had the right meds so Im sure he'll perk up soon and be fine :)

Loads of vibes coming his way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

He picked up quickly last time, so I'm hoping he will this time too.

She checked his molars (he didn't approve of that) and they're fine.

She looked very dubious when I said he'd had a little gripe water (apparently rabbits 'don't get gripe - they get stasis' - well I know that, but I can't help what its called!)

Well, Clover decided that he wasn't putting up with syringe feeding again, so he started to eat. He's had some hay and some Basil leaves, and a small piece of carrot :D

He also did a poop in front of me (he's very clever - he knew what I was waiting for :)) - it's a bit squishy, but at least he's pooping :D

I was told to syringe feed him regularly, but every time I've been out to get him he's been nibbling at something, and to be honest I'd rather not stress him out in this heat, so as long as he's still eating when I put them all to be I think I'll leave the syringe feeding :?

Dear Clover,

Lola Grace and I have just read your thread (we had to wait til mum was finished with the laptop). We're glad you are eating again and feeling better. Keep eating or your mummy will get the syringe out again and you don't want that do you?! Mum always tells us to eat up our hay so it must be good for you - so eat up your hay Clover and get ready for the next gang rumble!

(PS - if you're feeling poorly just think of Lola in her nighty and that should perk you right up!)

Lola - "I heard that!"

Ahem, feel better, night night.

Back