• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit safe and pretty flowers?

dawnieb

Warren Scout
I have just moved house and am wanting some pots about with some pretty things in our yard. the two boys (who free range when we're home) have their own "play pit" which is esentially a raised bed with a few plants in it they can eat. I want some plants that they are not going to be interested in. So far they seem to want to try everything. Yesterday Lucius was eating an ivy leaf that had blown over into the garden. I tried to get it off him but it had gone before I had a chance. :roll: He seems fine today but I'll keep an eye on him... :? my concern is, they want to eat anything and everything regardless of whether they can or should! Any thoughts gratefully received!

The only way I've been able to stop mine nibbling anything is to put wire guards around the plants. Anything that's bunny-friendly they destroy and anything not-friendly is just a worry, as they'll have a nibble anyway!

I made the guards out of spare mesh I had from making their run. I put it around pot of herbs so they can still have a nibble where the leaves push through the mesh but not enough for them to destroy the plant!

Ahh, thanks Rowan. If I can't have any pretty flowers then I will have to look at my pretty boys instead! :love:

You can have pretty flowers, until they are demolished by your pretty boys :lol: There are plenty of safe lists around for what is safe and not safe and some lovely flowers are deemed safe (and also yummy :).

Back