• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I worry too much.

I stress about my bunny too much I think, Normally i'm not worried about her as she gets on with things by herself and she's been generally healthy her whole life but since she had that scare of not eating, drinking and pooing I've realized that she is scarily mortal and will eventually... go to the bridge which is a horrible thought, So since then i've been annalizing everything she does and yesterday in the heat I spent the whole day at college expecting her to be ill when I got home... she was fine ofcourse but now im thinking all sorts of horrible things could be wrong, She hasn't been spayed (I'm looking for a good vet who I can trust to do it because she is a bit old) so obviously she has the chance of getting uterine cancer and she has been drinking less, Only slightly but still, I'm thinking that could be a sign of a illness in the future. I hate the thought of my bunny getting ill and especially the thought of having to have her pts so now I feel like all im going to be doing it watching for the signs of illness instead of enjoying having her around.

Does this make me crazy? :oops:

I think a lot of us do this, especially with vulnerable bunnies, or when we have been in the situation and had a jolt (like you did with her recently) that makes you realise she could get ill.

It means you care, and are scared of losing her. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you always ask yourself the question 'what is best for her' then you won't go wrong, and will know when she dies, that you have always done the best for her. Hopefully though, that time will be a long way off.

Being vigilant, and aware of behavioural changes that might indicate a problem is one thing, being obsessive about everything is completely different, and is not only unhealthy (IMO), it also stops you from really getting to know, and enjoy one of the most complex, and interesting animals around.

no, you're not crazy. far from it. keep an eye on your girl and keep loving her. what else can you do?

You're NOT alone. I do this. All the time. :oops:

Me too, if either buns do something different that ive never seen before it makes me panic.
same as with my cat, parrot and hammy, i worry constantly, you arent alone,
it makes me feel physically sick to think someone could hurt them or they could become ill, they really are my babies. xxxxxxxxx

Back