• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sore leg - but not sure why...

Squizz

Alpha Buck
Our housebun Martha was in the garden this evening, having a lovely time binkying around - then I looked out a couple of times and noticed she hadn't moved in a while so got her in. Since then it is apparent that something is wrong with one of her front legs, as she isn't putting it down when she walks. I'm just not sure what is wrong! I have put her on her back and I can feel a small hard lump on the bad foot - but no sign of a surface wound, so I don't think she can have trodden on anything. But could that lump be an abscess?!

She is a recovered EC bun, so am wondering if she landed funny when she binkied. She is eating normally, so I am hoping she's not in to much pain.

If she has sprained / broken something is there even anything the vets can do?

Our housebun Martha was in the garden this evening, having a lovely time binkying around - then I looked out a couple of times and noticed she hadn't moved in a while so got her in. Since then it is apparent that something is wrong with one of her front legs, as she isn't putting it down when she walks. I'm just not sure what is wrong! I have put her on her back and I can feel a small hard lump on the bad foot - but no sign of a surface wound, so I don't think she can have trodden on anything. But could that lump be an abscess?!

She is a recovered EC bun, so am wondering if she landed funny when she binkied. She is eating normally, so I am hoping she's not in to much pain.

If she has sprained / broken something is there even anything the vets can do?

Yes.

I would call them now to obtain some advice :)

The 24 hour vets near us is useless for rabbits. I'll see if I can get through to another one.

The more I look at her the more I think it's a sprain. I have given her some metacam in case she is pain

South Woodham Ferrers - we're under medivet, the 24hr is in Southend and was hopeless when she had EC.

We have been to Wylie's in Upminster before where there is an excellent vet, I plan to take her there tomorrow (assuming she's still having a problem!)

Did you have somewhere to recommend?

South Woodham Ferrers - we're under medivet, the 24hr is in Southend and was hopeless when she had EC.

We have been to Wylie's in Upminster before where there is an excellent vet, I plan to take her there tomorrow (assuming she's still having a problem!)

Did you have somewhere to recommend?

Yeah Wylies :lol: :lol: They do have 24hr cover on site if you feel you need to go tonight

Yeah Wylies :lol: :lol: They do have 24hr cover on site if you feel you need to go tonight

:lol::lol: we saw Will there when Martha had EC, he was fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think we are going to leave it tonight. Purely because she is eating, drinking, pooing fine - and seems fine in herself - still circling round when she thinks there are treats! and licking us. I have given her pain medication and doubt the vet would do much more than that at this time of night!

:lol::lol: we saw Will there when Martha had EC, he was fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think we are going to leave it tonight. Purely because she is eating, drinking, pooing fine - and seems fine in herself - still circling round when she thinks there are treats! and licking us. I have given her pain medication and doubt the vet would do much more than that at this time of night!

He is great :D

Yeah sounds like you are best of waiting til tomorrow if she seems ok in herself, hope all is ok

Back