• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Needed About Temporary Home

fuzzywuzzy

New Kit
Hello

I am hoping someone on here may have suggestions for me as I am in desperate need of some advice. A friend of mine had to leave the country suddenly and entrusted me with the care of his four rabbits. He will be returning to collect his rabbits but does not have a definite date yet (probably in around 1 months time). I have been looking after the rabbits since he left but due to a family emergency I am having to travel to my home town more frequently which is causing problems with looking after the rabbits. I also work full time and can't currently give them the love and care they deserve. I can possibly keep 2 of the rabbits as that is more managable and then I can get a pet sitter in when I have to go away. I am looking for suggestions about where I would find a temporary home for the other 2 rabbits though. They are indoor house rabbits.

I live in the SE18 region of London.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

P.s. just realised I've probably put this thread in the wrong place but an't work out how to move it. Sorry!

Last edited:
Hi there,

Well done for coming to this site to get advice & welcome :wave:

I am not too sure about giving advice, maybe other members will be able to think of some ideas, my head is a bit frazzled today sorry.

You could PM one of the moderators to ask them to move this thread into Rabbit Chat or something where more members are likely to see it (Moderators can be found at the bottom of the main page in purple letters).

Are you able to contact your friend? You could see if he would be willing to pay for boarding? At least there they will be safely looked after - which is very important in the current hot weather we are having.

Will try and think some more...

Thanks for your responses so far. I am willing to pay for boarding, the problem is there doesn't seem to be much of it in my area and the ones that there are don't reply to me! If anyone knows of any boarding places in my area please let me know.

Just bumping this up for you so more people can see it. I'm too far away so I don't know anyone in your area. Sorry.

Thanks everyone who replied. I think I've found somewhere for them now, where they can stay as house rabbits as well, which is excellent news.

Thats good news - is it somewhere reputable and that you trust? I am sure it it is, but they are such delicate creatures it would be good to know they are with people who are bunny-savvy.

I am so glad you have found something. :D:wave:

Back