• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit proofing garden

hiya,

i have a lead for my little bunny but id love him just to be able to run around free, but my garden has a few holes and i would be devastated if he ever escaped. Is there anything that would be good to put all round the garden? Like chicken wire or somethin? Obviously i would watch him at all times to make sure he didnt escape!

thanks!

yeah thats an option, i just need to keep him away from the shed and also the decking and most of it is fine.

He loves his lead but id like him to have more freedom outside!

We've got chicken wire running up against the hedge at the bottom where the holes are and now over time the hedge has grown through and around it.

Also if theres any gaps under the shed or decking then block them off with anything, maybe wood like a skirting board. It's bad enough when they run under their hutch and I can't get them back out! :)

And just watch them I guess. If they go near the gate or a hole make a loud noise or something so they learn not to go in that area.

yeah i suppose as long as i keep watchin him he will be ok, theres nowhere for him to escape at the back of the garden its just the side of the house and i will always watch him cos there r too many cats round near us (which is why hes a house bunny!)

ive plugged up holes......and pinned some wire covered pet fence into the ground with stakes used for weed covers.

its very similar to this

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Nettin...zzeURaqujGTLrYT2x96pPlj+fath0/tT f0c8nhPHDw==

behind and above it i used deer netting saggingly stapled to fence posts to deter cats.
i got it from a company called boddingtons...like the beer...but i cant get their website to work today so heres a link to the stuff.
http://www.wmjames.co.uk/heavy-duty-deer-netting-per-linear-metre-g155m.htm

dig gravel boards into the soil ontop of mesh wire if youre buns a real digger!

Back