• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i wrong to consider this

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
berties been unbonded from bif since last nov late. its what brought on his pasturella i swear....
anyhoo he seems to be stable touch wood...since is seizure scare etc.

i had my mums bunny here for 2 weeks recovering from stress and stasis and pain in her feet.....her toenails grow erird and her "thumb" nails grow into her foot so tight even the vet has trouble clippin them. she perked right up being here and bertie loved having her in the lounge. the initial nip at her thru the bars changed to him being friendly sleeping up against the bars etc.
hes very quiet one cos of heat but tow i think he enjoyed the company.
however i cannot rebond him n bif....shes wayy too aggressive now for him. and altho little merlin desperately wants to be berties pal and play with him ..berties got the hump at him being a boy neuterd of ocurse but on his patch.

the cats are berties company..esp salem...they snuggle together. berties had me sleeping downstairs since dec!!!

casually browsing i found a bun that caught our heart strings.........and maybe would be perfect for bertie. shed be a house bun but also have the garden.....i tend to lo them all out there and they muddle along..even mums bunny but bif...she has to go alone with the cats...shes a bully.

this littke buns story has caught my heart just like my little bif did.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=19566

i will keep her as a sepreate bun if it doesnt work out.....but berties so gentle and when he met bif he immediately wahsed her head as if he was washing the pain away. he was pals with bandit and fell for willow. bif is always the trouble maker bless her:lol:

bandit and willowhave gone to the bridge....bif n berie rebonded only to be split up last nov late...bifs dental stasis stay and they wouldnt let bertie stay as hes too big. he missed her and pined..she came back hating him..broke his heart. i reckon thats why the pasturella kicked in.

its such a long away tho.id have to beg for a bun run and give petrol money.

am i being selfish?

Her story was heartbreaking, I can see why you would want to get her. Why not take Bertie for a date with her (if that's possible) and see how they get on?

I think you'd need to be very careful introducing a Rabbit with previous history of abscessation to a Rabbit with active Pasteurella :?

She is gorgeous, I spotted her earlier :oops: :love:

I think Caroline delivers all her bunnies personally so she can see them settled in :?, so transport wouldnt be a problem if you do decide to go ahead

abscesses were caused by the filth she lived in...does that mean its something she could pass to bertie..or bertie could make her worse with pasturella? hes not sneezing any discharge or persistent sneezing........

i guess im being selfish...its just he was good with bif bless her.....and i think hes lonely....but i hadnt even thought about the health issues:(

think id better contact caroline:(

I don't know anything about the more medical side of things, but surely you could find if there is a rest of things getting pasted from one to the other? You could ask your vet, and ask the rescue to tell you more about her condition?

I'm happy to pop by and give you a hand bonding if you needed it :wave:

Gives me an excuse to cuddle Miss grumpy pants :love:

havent managed to talk to ellen yet........

had email from caroline whos admitted to getting very attached to this little bunny.

Gem hun if you want you can chase grumpy pants round the garden:lol::lol:

tonite its been bertie whos grumpy pants.....right now hes washing his big toy bunny :love: hes all penned up for the night.

im suffering depression super bout again right now....will be back on here with news..if ive managed to get berties health advice by then.:wave:

Back