• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jane's naked Mr Bean made me wonder

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
if its worthwhile doing that for other long furred bunnies? Or just the angora like bunnies?

What about Marko?

111-1.jpg

I have taken the fur off nearly all my long haired bunnies. The only ones still to do are Hedgehog and Spud-gun. I am so reluctant to do them as their fur has only just grown back after having to remove it all when they were rescued :( But I guess it has to be done

So, if I 'attacked' him gently and carefully with some blunt scissors and got his fur down to a more sensible length, that might be a good thing to do? (not having my own long furred rabbits I don't know what you do with them).

How do you do it? I'd do Smudge but I'm terrified of ruining his looks. :lol:

I think I may aim for the same look as Mr Bean, which was big head, naked body :lol: I've never done it before, so its going to take me ages to actually get down to a sensible length because I'm terrified of cutting him.

Mr Bean says it's so much more comfortable without having to carry a ton of fluff around :D

He just wants to pass on a word of caution to the Bucks, keep your willy in when the clippers are about................ :shock:

He just wants to pass on a word of caution to the Bucks, keep your willy in when the clippers are about................ :shock:

:shock::shock::shock::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shall make sure to tell Marko that (although, I won't be using clippers).

If you are cutting with scissors use the same technique as hairdressers. Pinch a clump of fur between your fingers and cut on the other side, so your fingers are between the skin and the scissors. You'll find lifting/brushing the fur backwards will help too as that reveals the skin.

I might do that when we have a longer hot spell, he's not going to like it!

What clippers do you use Jane?

An important thing to remeber is if you clip a fluff Bun very short, like Mr Bean, then you must insure that they are not exposed to direct sunlight. The is especially the case for REWs.

We haven't made our minds up on weather to shave Bungle yet. He has very long and thick hair but lives in our kitchen where it stays cool.

We do let him on the garden to free range in evenings so it probably would help, its just the getting him to sit still while we do it!

An important thing to remeber is if you clip a fluff Bun very short, like Mr Bean, then you must insure that they are not exposed to direct sunlight. The is especially the case for REWs.

If I trimmed Marko to have fur the length of a normal bunny is that still crucial because they have sunlight into their enclosure and we can't stop that.

If I trimmed Marko to have fur the length of a normal bunny is that still crucial because they have sunlight into their enclosure and we can't stop that.

As long as the skin is not exposed then it should be no different than for a 'normal' coated Bun :)

We used to trim down the fur on our cashmere bun years ago in summer. I think it's a great way to reduce the amount of heat trapped by fur in long-haired buns if it can be done safely.

I'm off to look at pics of Naked Mr Bean!! :shock::lol:

Yep, by naked we don't literally mean no fur, just shorten it :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If that was directed at me I never considered the no fur route, EVER! I was just clarifying with Jane that if I trimmed it to a normal bunny fur length, than sunlight was not an issue. I would never have gone shorter than that, Hadn't even considered it.

Back