• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Eating Less, Two Reasons, opinions please!

My two Pi and Gandi, have chewed half a fleece over the last couple of weeks which has now been taken off them. most of it was chewed into tiny squares all over my floor, and left, they just like to chew holes in things, so i wasn't too worried, but took it off them after getting some advice about comfortable housing risks!

They aren't eating as much now... they are still eating, more hay than pellets, but over winter they would go crazy when they heard the pellet bag, now theyre not that bothered and just eat a few pellets here and there, they are always gone by the end of the day, they just arent eating them all in one go! Their water is going down so i'm assuming their drinking fine too and they're still pooing! - obviously a little less from not eating as much.

They still have energy and bounce around, albeit like to lie down for most of the day! But still seem happy enough! Should i be worried by the slightly less eating that they have ingested some blanket, or is it just the weather? cos i've noticed alot of people commenting on pellets being left in the weather!

As there was a HUGE amout of chewed fleece on the floor i dont think they had eaten much... but just a little worried cos i've been reading alot around gastric problems in rabbits.

Just wondered whether peoiple thought i should get them checked, the seem fine in themselves and are still eating, i did read i should only worry if they dont eat anything at all for a day or so....

x

also, all the poos were fine but there was only one set of smaller ones this morning, and perhaps the water isnt going down as much as it should.... i don't know, opiions please!

I would get them both checked over by the Vet tomorrow. Without being able to examine them we cant really say if all is OK or not re the *possibility* of them having ingested some fleece.

Back