• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im so worried about them...

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i bottled out of putting the fan on and im really regretting it now. just looked at the weather and its already 25 degrees. i put the air cin on for an hour before i left and i only managed to get room temp down to 24 degrees...

at what temp do buns get heat stroke?????

:censored: hate summer

Aww hun, im sure they will be fine.

I left my two at 6am, i left an ice pod and two bowls of water. I wont be in until about 7pm tonight!

I know you are a worrier tho, so i hope your day flies in and you are not worried all day :(

Aww hun, im sure they will be fine.

I left my two at 6am, i left an ice pod and two bowls of water. I wont be in until about 7pm tonight!

I know you are a worrier tho, so i hope your day flies in and you are not worried all day :(

i need to get a grip i think, last year Alvin and Pearl both survived the heat and they had the freezer in thier room too, i have shifted that now so it should help abit. i put the iced water bottle down the side of the carrier but i didnt risk putting the other bottle in incase they ate it or something. im hoping it doesnt get too hot but with them being upstairs itll be an oven in there..

HATE working full time :evil::evil:

Im freaking out aswell, I put cold water in my bunnies water bottle and an Ice pack aswell, I also put my parasol up for some shade but Im really worrying and Im not home til 5:30, I might call home and make someone check on her to make sure she's alright. Stupid weather :?

It must be awful having to leave them all day worrying :cry: But I sure they will be fine you know, they just won't do too much so that they stay cool. If you get another day like this I would put the fan on, but even though it is hot today, it is still cooling down quite well at night which means the bricks and houses etc aren't as hot as they would be mid-summer when everything is boiling and nothing cools down. At the end of the week night temps are predicted to get down to 1 or 2 again so try not to worry, today is probably the last scorcher this week, maybe tomorrow but it is meant to cool again.

I know how you feel if only slightly as I only have to do one full day out of the house a week. But the other day I went to visit a friend and was SO stressed that I hadn't left windows wide enough I walked all the way back from the station and then had to get a taxi back and missed my train! :roll: When i got back the house was fine and the buns were cool and I was worrying for nothing. Am sure your two will be ok today. Just set your fan up tomorrow perhaps if you need it. :)

ETA don't forget Donna temperature at floor level is different to temperature higher up in the room as heat rises! It's always a degree or two cooler at floor level where bunnies roam :)
And just in case you didn't see what I wrote at the end of your last thread - fans are safe - they cool themselves, the only risk is something jamming so if on a table, lead safely out of bun's reach and nothing nearby to jam it it is safe to leave on.

Last edited:
Donna I'm off work today cos I am poorly got heat stroke myself yesterday:oops:

Post me the link if you like I want to nose at them anyway, but I'm not oing anywhere so will keep an eye:)

If it helps my Smudge who has masses of fur isn't showing too many signs of being worried by the heat. He's laying down but he does that at this time of day anyway.

Can you nip back home in your lunch break or is that not feasible? Might just put your mind at rest a bit.

I am completely the same!! I have got my mum going over to my house later to put ice bottles in the shed and spray them with water. I am already panicking in case the temperatures get over 100 as they have predicted in august.

awwww Shellypops hope your ok hun, lots of water for you :(

the link to my very very tempremental camera is http://87.194.25.50:63000 sometimes people can connect then sometimes they cant, drives me loopy but i cant afford a new router :( thankyou :wave::wave::wave:

only problem with walking about round here is if i get murdered noone will be able to sort the buns :lol::lol::lol:

lolol its always when im most worried :roll::roll:

25.7 degrees in quinton which is just up the road from me :shock::shock: its not even midday yet :evil::evil::evil:

lolol its always when im most worried :roll::roll:

25.7 degrees in quinton which is just up the road from me :shock::shock: its not even midday yet :evil::evil::evil:

Its 27 in coventry at the mo too.... I am neurotically checking my two but they seem to be coping better than me:oops:

its cooler indoors

Its 27 in coventry at the mo too.... I am neurotically checking my two but they seem to be coping better than me:oops:

its cooler indoors

i think i annoyed my pair yesterday, i kept checking on them, holly seemed quiet but its Alvin im most worried about.. today is stasis day.. hes had it today two years running and my tummy is in knots about it.. if only i had time spare to take holiday :(

God bless our old build house, always keep fairly cool in the hot weather.

Had the air con on for a bit yesterday and the buns seem fine. Raisin even flopped for the first time :love:

I was more worried about them during the winter.

This has been successful for keeping our buns cool during hot weather. The day the photo was taken the temperature was around 34°C.

DSCF0597R.jpg

i think i annoyed my pair yesterday, i kept checking on them, holly seemed quiet but its Alvin im most worried about.. today is stasis day.. hes had it today two years running and my tummy is in knots about it.. if only i had time spare to take holiday :(
the same time for two years?:shock:... I know Bobby's feeling it today, she is flopped right out.. have got the fan on her now and she has her face turned up to it Carlo is running in and out of his room to my room....:shock: He seems to be enjoying it

Back