• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun

Grace65

Warren Veteran
:love:Hi all,,
ok i have news, earlier on tonight i have taken a neglected bunny from a friend of a friend, the poor mite had not a drop of water, no hay or food!
i have sorted out a huge hutch and am going to book bun into the vets tommorrow! we havent a clue whether this bun is a girl or boy!?! im going to sort out the vaccinations, neutering etc tommorrow at the vets, im also concerned that this bun has a bit of a sticky eye.

Its going to be difficult because i have grace and she is due her spey in the next few weeks when shes 6 months, i wanted to ask whether if this other bun is a boy is it easy to bond a neutered girl and boy?

Anyway bun is named pepper and we have no idea what buns age is as yet, although he/she dosent look that old, maybe 9 months or so but i could be wrong, i cant sleep with worrying about it all so im on here!

Im trying to get pepper settled at the mo (and away from grace) but i will get pictures of pepper posted shortly. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bless you, i did the same the other wk & im so glad i did, iv just looked at photos i took of him when i got him & ones iv just taken.. His expression then was of a sad / lost bunnie.. Now he looks alert & full of mischeif ... Good luck :)

Well done - bunny will have a much better life now :)

Boy/Girl pairs are best, so hopefully they will bind well. You'll get lots of advice on here :D

Well done you.:thumb:
So good to hear about buns falling on their paws.
Try & get some sleep then you can be in tip top shape for listening to the vet tomorrow :) all will be much clearer once you get a health assessment & the bun sexed.

Thank you,
I came down again at 3am and checked on pepper, he seemed well and had eaten, the poor mite yesterday was sat in this tiny cage all cramped with no food nothing! not even a drop of water, pepper sat in this hutch with his head down he looked so sad i could have cried :cry: he was absolutley starving poor thing.

Anyway thank god i have this huge 8ft hutch so he can now move freely, his droppings are really miniscule which im worried about and im sure he has never had hay to munch on not ever! so ive filled the hutch with hay and am trying to get him to eat it.

His eye seems fine now (maybe he caught it on something) but he has a small patch of matted fur above it which i have tried to bathe and clean at 6am.

He dosent like to be handled and i found out that he`s been mauled, pinched and hit by a 3 year old and a 5 year old with adhd :cry:

Will update later once ive seen the vet, i hope to god he is fit and well and i can get his myxi done today then will book his vhd and his spey and get him rear guarded.

Im really nervous about this. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:) Try not to worry too much.
I'm sure this bun will go from strength to strength with you.
Good luck for the vet trip.

Poor thing. Now he/she will get the chance of a good life with you. Hopefully it's a girl and you can bond them once they're both neutered. Chances are if you can see any plums now then it's a girl.

Well, don't keep us in suspense! How did the vet go? Keeping everything crossed he's a boy, and healthy of course.

It sounds like you've saved his life. What an absolute star you are. :D

Ok i got, him/her in at 5.30 today! im so nervous i cant tell you, at the moment pepper is in the run ans grace is lying at the side of him/her does that look positive so far??
Anyway as soon as i get back from the appointment i will repost. xxxxxxxxxx

Good luck:) I know exactly how you are feeling right now:)

Are you going through the same thing?? god i wish it was 5.30 now grrrr
I was going to take pepper this morning but typical i have no car till 5! hubby using it, im not walking him down he seems incredibly nervous anyway so i would sooner take him in the car. xxxxxxxx

Are you going through the same thing?? god i wish it was 5.30 now grrrr
I was going to take pepper this morning but typical i have no car till 5! hubby using it, im not walking him down he seems incredibly nervous anyway so i would sooner take him in the car. xxxxxxxx

Yes I am the link is here if you want a distraction:lol: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=229694

and some more photos of them http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=229951

I had to get them to the vets yesterday, which is a forty minute drive away. All the cyclist's got on my nerves to the point where I was dreaming of getting an air gun and shooting them on their silly Lycra clad bottoms:lol: There were hundreds of them and they kept slowing us up:evil:

Fantastic what you have done BTW. Makes me wonder how the rescue centers cope:shock:

Yes I am the link is here if you want a distraction:lol: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=229694

and some more photos of them http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=229951

I had to get them to the vets yesterday, which is a forty minute drive away. All the cyclist's got on my nerves to the point where I was dreaming of getting an air gun and shooting them on their silly Lycra clad bottoms:lol: There were hundreds of them and they kept slowing us up:evil:

Fantastic what you have done BTW. Makes me wonder how the rescue centers cope:shock:

You are an absolute star :love:
I feel a bit irritable to be honest its because im nervous, i just cannot give this bunny up! it was either i take him/her or he would have ended up at ther rspca..........NO WAY

the mess he was in was unreal, the tiny starter hutch he was in was full of flies and saturated in wee :( anyway luckily i have a 8ft hutch hardly used so im having him in there at the mo, im praying that everything is going to be ok because i dont want him in a hutch i want him inside and free like grace.

The hutch im using is actually inside the conservatory but as you can imagine its way too hot in the day so as soon as we get started the better. xxxxxxxxxxxx

your buns are beautiful i remember replying to your post? how are they doing? xx

They are all (4:shock:) doing fine thank you:D

Tulip is still panting but hopefully the antibiotics will help.

I know the irritableness you are feeling, I have had to hold it all in with my o/h as I am trying to butter him up:lol: He is not keen on the idea of 4 buns but like you I can not give Tulip and Tiesto up, I will be :cry:

Its quite a shook to see buns in the *real world* after being on here so long:cry:

Have you noticed how odd he feels compared to your bun, through lack of exercise? Tiesto feels fat but you can feel all the bones, because there is no muscle there. So so awful:cry:

c'mon 5:30..

They are all (4:shock:) doing fine thank you:D

Tulip is still panting but hopefully the antibiotics will help.

I know the irritableness you are feeling, I have had to hold it all in with my o/h as I am trying to butter him up:lol: He is not keen on the idea of 4 buns but like you I can not give Tulip and Tiesto up, I will be :cry:

Its quite a shook to see buns in the *real world* after being on here so long:cry:

Have you noticed how odd he feels compared to your bun, through lack of exercise? Tiesto feels fat but you can feel all the bones, because there is no muscle there. So so awful:cry:

c'mon 5:30..

yes his/her head actually looks bigger than his body to me anyway, he seemed really trembly earlier when i let him loose for an hour earlier, im going to let him/her loose again once it cools down, grace will have her dinner while he has a run around, its a huge run but it dosent beat running round and being completly free does it?
Just got the carrier ready and am raring to go now,just got to get him out of the run and into it, he hates being handled.
apparently the kids of the owner have been pinching him/her and hitting the bun quite a lot, not long now if alls ok i might be able to get bun in for a neuter this week, heres hoping. xxxxxxxxxxxx

yes his/her head actually looks bigger than his body to me anyway, he seemed really trembly earlier when i let him loose for an hour earlier, im going to let him/her loose again once it cools down, grace will have her dinner while he has a run around, its a huge run but it dosent beat running round and being completly free does it?
Just got the carrier ready and am raring to go now,just got to get him out of the run and into it, he hates being handled.
apparently the kids of the owner have been pinching him/her and hitting the bun quite a lot, not long now if alls ok i might be able to get bun in for a neuter this week, heres hoping. xxxxxxxxxxxx

:cry:What were the parents thinking:evil:

I am sure as soon as s/he puts condition on neutering will be the next step:D then bonding:shock:

Back