• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping buns cool tomorrow.

xkaytix

Warren Scout
Both me and my OH are at work tomorrow so won't be here to supervise the buns with their bottles of cold/frozen water. We usually leave bottles of frozen water in their hutches to keep them cool but supervise them so that we know they are ok and haven't chewed them or anything. We are both at work tomorrow and worried about them getting too hot, even in the shade. Would it be ok to put the bottles in?

Just make sure they are well shaded and have a nice topped up bottle of cold water in the morning and plenty of air circulating but, shaded. Fresh wet veggies in the morning and preferably a run around they will be sleeping most of the day I expect:lol:

I have left mine with frozen bottles before without a problem. Try and get a couple of ice pods which are made for buns so are chew proof, I got mine in pets at home last year.

I'd give a bowl of water too.

I make a nice tent with an old bed cover and peg it to a conveniently placed tree to ensure shade all day. A well placed parasol or gazebo offers a nice shade too.

Wet towels on the run aswell - I put mine on today and Ogs was flopped out under it so I stuck my hand in and its so cool!
They will probably dry out after a few hours (depending on how they are when you put them on obviously) but at least they get that cool-ness there

Back