• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I should know this but don't....

Here I found a pic

question.jpg

The bit you have seen sounds like scent. Have you cleaned them? I tend to use a cotton bud with cool water on it. Some people use baby oil. Just be very gentle because its such a sensitive area.

Inguinal glands or anal glands. The yellow/brown stuff in them is just the natural secretion. You shouldn't need to clean them in theory - bun should do this themselves - but a lazy bun or a bun with dental issues may need a little help if they become a bit blocked up. Like Sky-O we use a cotton bud dipped in vegetable/sunflower oil as opposed to mineral oil (baby oil) as feel it is better if bun ingests it later. Only our male bun gets his blocked! Typical man.... lazy at washing! :roll::lol: (plus his incisors are a bit wonky so I'll let him off!)

Thanks for replies, i did pick out what I thought was a seed when I first saw it - she was fine after so hope didn't hurt her. Will clean her today as advised with cotton bud and veg oil.

Its amazing the things I still keep learning!! On the internet link I found it mentioned it was more likely in agressive buns - Nushka is a VERY territorail bun so stands to reason.

Thanks Again :wave:

I must admit, in over 10 years of rabbit keeping I have never had to clean them. Unless there is a problem "down there", I don't see why they need cleaning.

Vera

Glad its not just me!! I've never noticed a problem before either but hers were definately blocked, all clean now :D

Back