• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thunder and lightning

hannah C

Alpha Buck
sooo not wanting to spoil the sunshine but this heat wave may finish with thunder and lightning! sooo i was wondering how do rabbits cope with that! steve was fine on bomfire night but jas is very skittish and i dont think she would cope! what do your rabs make of it? anything you do to stop em getting scared?!

To be honest, I'm terrified of thunder and lightning myself so no way on earth would I be outside to see how the bunnies are reacting if I can help it. :oops::lol:

On the rare occasion that I have got caught out at the beginning of a storm, I've noticed they're not really bothered. If I know there's a storm forecast I just make sure they all have access to something they can hide in and that's about it. I don't think there's really much more I could do without soundproofing the shed and blacking out the windows.

Mine are never bothered. But they are never bothered by fireworks either. Even Smudge! Whose a right scaredybun. :shock:

Back