• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dont think my hutch is good enough....

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:roll:

I know its ok. I know its not small.
But... i keep seeing other people set ups on here and think that my buns deserve better!

They get free range in the garden dailey.
*im being stupid arnt i?? :roll:*

yes you are :p pebbles and bailey (hope i got the names right :oops:) always look really happy in your photo's xx

I would guess most of us on here want better for our buns than what they currently have, but that doesn't mean what they have is currently not good enough, just that they are cared about enough for the owner to keep trying to do their best.

That's all you want for them Mai, the best.

There is nothing wrong with your set up. Bigger would be great, but that can definitely be said for mine and also for other peoples. Also though, size is not everything because yours also get care, love, attention, vet care when necessary, and pretty much anything they need.

Your bunnies are very lucky bunnies :)

See I feel bad now that my lot have a huge shed/run set up but no longer get much free range time - cant win either way :lol:

your not stupid at all i often see peoples set ups on here and think i wish but i know i have good size hutches and runs and my animals are looked after and given everything i can give them and all that they need.

I think free range time is the most important thing. After moving to our new house and seeing the bunnies tearing about the garden I think its such a shame some bunnies only ever get to be out in a run.

I think free range time is the most important thing. After moving to our new house and seeing the bunnies tearing about the garden I think its such a shame some bunnies only ever get to be out in a run.

Sometimes its just not feasible or practical though. I'd love for mine to get freerange time but it would be so dangerous for them that its just not possible.

I dont know what your accomodation is like as ive not seen a pic but tbh its not really necessary... (Its hardly gonna be a tiny hutch with how happy your buns look!)

Free range in the garden daily is amazing for them. You are very lucky in being able to do so. Soo many people on here (incl. me) would love to let our buns run free but are gardens arent safe enough/secure

There are many people out there who think there hutch setup is big enough and they dont need to have a good run about. But ..you cant beat freedom !

So in my opinion, your being daft :lol: & they are spoilt :D

Sometimes its just not feasible or practical though. I'd love for mine to get freerange time but it would be so dangerous for them that its just not possible.

I know it isnt always possible. At my old house we didnt have a secure garden so they could only go out on the tiny yard.

I just like to see how happy they are when they are running round and round the garden at 100mph!

:roll:

I know its ok. I know its not small.
But... i keep seeing other people set ups on here and think that my buns deserve better!

They get free range in the garden dailey.
*im being stupid arnt i?? :roll:*

The only people that matter are you (and your buns). There's a big difference between 'suitable' and 'possible' for bun set ups. You will always see 'bigger' and (possibly) 'better'. Are your buns unhappy with what they've got? If you know it's OK and not small then they're fine.:)

Some of the set-ups on RU appear to be big enough to house a Boeing 747, let alone buns.:shock:

I also agree that where it is safe free range time is very important.

All our indoor bunnies have between 5 and 10 hours free range time in the house every day, even those who have severe mobility problems and don't actually go anywhere :)

Unfortunately our outdoor buns can't have free range time because there are too many cats about and with their health problems they can't defend thenselves well if it became necessary. However they do all either have huge aviary style permanent runs or have access to our grass runs daily. The timmy memorial run is 8ft by 10ft so allows plenty of secure binkying space :D:D

I don't think it is silly at all to always want better for your bunnies, even if what they have is completely OK, it just shows how much you care about them :love:

I wish ours could free-range outside but it's just not possible. They'd be out and under the hedge and off to the nearby fields. :roll:

I wish ours could free-range outside but it's just not possible. They'd be out and under the hedge and off to the nearby fields. :roll:

Could you not make it secure? Put some mesh round the inside of the hedge? Or a small fence round the edge.

Could you not make it secure? Put some mesh round the inside of the hedge? Or a small fence round the edge.

I don't think it's really feasible. Our garden is quite big and has a garage plonked right in the middle of it with sheds and all sorts around. Even if I could we have a lot of foxes and many cats. They get free-range time indoors and go out in runs quite often.

Hopefully if I can bond both pairs they'll be able to have masses of space as I'll be able to put both runs together and create a long one and also they'll have the run of all of upstairs nearly all the time.

That's what we've done, mesh round the hedges, mesh and that bamboo stuff on a roll around the actual fence just to make doubly sure!

I don't think it's really feasible. Our garden is quite big and has a garage plonked right in the middle of it with sheds and all sorts around. Even if I could we have a lot of foxes and many cats. They get free-range time indoors and go out in runs quite often.

Hopefully if I can bond both pairs they'll be able to have masses of space as I'll be able to put both runs together and create a long one and also they'll have the run of all of upstairs nearly all the time.

If they get to free range in the house I am sure they are just fine :) However great free ranging outside is it is much more important that they are safe and secure as long as they are getting plenty of exercise :)

I thought I'd invented the whole 'keep buns in a shed with an aviary attached' thing. Now when I look at it it seems tiny compared to others' set ups on here.

While I think that bigger is always better (so long as it's safe) I wouldn't worry too much if your buns don't get constant freeranging, there is more to keeping buns happy! :D

I get sooo envious of some of the set ups on here! I wish I had the space/money for it.
My accomodation isn't as perfect as I'd want it, but it's the most I can give them at the moment and they seem happy. Their freerange time is fairly limited as well (about an hour or so at a time) because I have to supervise them (I've seen birds of prey circling over the garden before :shock:), which again isn't ideal. I wish I could mesh over the whole garden!

they have been out free rangeing for a few hours now. :)
My hutch is bigger that a normal hutch. Im jsut i dunno.... wish it was bigger. :oops: I know its fine! :oops:

Ill find a pic.

Back