• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Black bun with white undercoat

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Does anyone else have a black bun who's underneath fur is totally white?! Just wondering if it's common in black buns. :D

Inky is black and although his undercoat is not totally white, it is a very light dove grey. He looks a total mess when he is moulting.:)

eric's a black otter. his belly is really white. when he's sat up on his back legs having a wash, i call him pingu:oops: (i do love pingu tho so its not an insult!).

Harvey is grey with a white tummy and little bits of fawn around his ears and feet :) Ive seen quite a few black buns with white tums.

Are we talking markings or when you roll back the fur and see the colours of each strand?

Otters and foxes are the markings (but they are called martens when it is in reference to a markings that is not a self).

Underfur (when you blow or part the fur to see the colour underneath) is white on both my black bunnies. Except where the fur is extremely short on their ears/noses etc, it's completely black all the way down to the skin there.

EDIT:- Just sneeked out and took a quick photo :love:

fur.jpg

Last edited:
Gotcha. That's their normal marking :) The dark siamese sable bunnies (who appear black) apparently have a cream undercoat, as opposed to light grey.

Castiel is white underneath like that. Why is it as well, that no matter whatever bun the hair is off, it is always white?? My parents' ginger Labrador also moults only white :?

Castiel is white underneath like that. Why is it as well, that no matter whatever bun the hair is off, it is always white?? My parents' ginger Labrador also moults only white :?

A bit like blokes' belly fluff that's always blue! :lol::lol:

In respect to my original post, yes Dude is just like TigerAngel's bun :love:

Thanks for replying, didn't know if Dudeypants was a bit odd!! :lol:

A bit like blokes' belly fluff that's always blue! :lol::lol:

In respect to my original post, yes Dude is just like TigerAngel's bun :love:

Thanks for replying, didn't know if Dudeypants was a bit odd!! :lol:

:lol: I once saw a T-shirt saying 'why is belly fluff always blue'

Back