• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You know the way you shouldn't give cold veg from fridge...

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
... Well that's what I heard! So is it really ok to give buns ice cubes? What's the difference? I'd love to give Benson and Lola ice cubes but I'm scared to!!!

... Well that's what I heard! So is it really ok to give buns ice cubes? What's the difference? I'd love to give Benson and Lola ice cubes but I'm scared to!!!

:shock: I give my buns cold veg every day, twice a day... hope this isn't a big no-no!! :|

I think it may depend on how well your buns tolerate cold food, two of mine are fine, but one seems to get an upset tummy with food straight from the fridge, so I always leave it for around half an hour before giving it to her.

I think it may depend on how well your buns tolerate cold food, two of mine are fine, but one seems to get an upset tummy with food straight from the fridge, so I always leave it for around half an hour before giving it to her.

Oooh, well touch wood, my girls have both been fine - no runs from either of them - had Bunny nearly a year and a half, and Bellie coming up to a year. I panicked when I saw the title of this thread!! :oops:

i'm sure esme would eat her food from inside the fridge if i didn't close the door quickly enough!

eric will never eat wet food tho - he has to wait til his veg are up to room temp and dry - his stuff from this morning looks rather wilty now but he'll probably scoff it when he wakes:roll:

if it has ice on it, they don't touch it! apart from that, they love cold veggies. they don't eat room temperature ones.

ive heard you shouldnt, but my buns have always had veg straight from the fridge and its always been fine.

I've always given veg straight from the fridge too and never had any problems.

Randomly though; I was going to make a thread asking about putting ice cubes in their water?

I personally wouldn't give iced water to either bunnies or piggies - too much of a potential shock to the digestive system and better to be more like their body temperature, I'd say...

Our bunny veggies don't usually go in the fridge! They are normally in the larder. I always wash them so I guess that cools them down a bit.

i'm sure esme would eat her food from inside the fridge if i didn't close the door quickly enough!

eric will never eat wet food tho - he has to wait til his veg are up to room temp and dry - his stuff from this morning looks rather wilty now but he'll probably scoff it when he wakes:roll:[/

Louie wont touch anything that isn't 100% fresh from the fridge :roll:

Back