• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food for Giants?

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
Jemima is currently on mr johnsons supreme mix, a museli food

what pellet food can I move her on that is good for frenchies?

Is normal Allen & page okay or does it need to be the breeder version?

She mainly eats hay and large full bowl of veggies!!

I use the regular Allen and Page for my frenchie and for my contis,and they have been on it for four years with no problems.

I'm not sure what different ingredients are in the breeder/grower pellets,but I reckon I'd only use that version for buns under 6 months or pregnant/nursing bunnies

I have a frenchie, and a conti, and both are on adult SS pellets :) I did try them on Allen and Page last year, and they both lost alot of weight xx

I have two giants and they are fed on Chudleys Rabbit Royal mix... recommend it highly, its a brilliant NATURAL rabbit mix with no added colourants like those other rubbish mixes you get! It has dried marigold, dried herbs and all these different hays in it! :wave:

really economical at £10.00 for 15kgs!

I have two giants and they are fed on Chudleys Rabbit Royal mix... recommend it highly, its a brilliant NATURAL rabbit mix with no added colourants like those other rubbish mixes you get! It has dried marigold, dried herbs and all these different hays in it! :wave:

really economical at £10.00 for 15kgs!

Is that stuff really ok for them Jan? :? Wondering if it would be better for Scamp at the moment? :? I know the pet shop sell that loose, might get some tomorrow for him

Is that stuff really ok for them Jan? :? Wondering if it would be better for Scamp at the moment? :? I know the pet shop sell that loose, might get some tomorrow for him

I think its brill Becky, I was constantly battling with Noisette going through statis, and Paula the vets told me to go back to basics and offer her mix food. I found this one and she ate every last drop, and I haven't really gone back! I like the fact its natural as well, here's the ingredients - http://www.chudleys.com/products/chudleys-pet/rabbit.html

I like the sound of this Chudelys food! I have a french lop and feel like he could do with putting on a bit of weight, I find it hard with 2 medium buns, 1 small and a frenchie to get it right! He gets the most and eats for the longest but ti quite slim, the mediums are both a bit tubby :oops: and tinks seems to get bored of pellets in 2 minutes and be a perfect weight! ( they are all goo hay eaters) I have found that SS gives them lovely shiny fur but its sooo expensive, I might tryi mixing some chudleys in!

I switch to Oxbow last year, and I highly recommend, they have 27% crude fiber, it should be the highest in the industry.

My buns used to take 6 hr. to eat 1 carrot. Once I switch to Oxbow, 2 min.

All of my bunnies, including my conti, have Wagg Optimum pellets. I haven't had any problems with them and they're a bit cheaper than excell, SS etc so it doesn't matter that Thistle eats so much! :lol:

Both mine are on Excel lite (Blue is prome to being a fatty bum :oops: )
They're a frenchie x and an English Lop x

Back