• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like a bad bunny owner

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
I have a lionhead who I love to pieces, but I feel that I'm not doing a good job!
He has a large room where he runs freely inside, a 5x8 run and hutch outside, and 4+ hours of direct interaction with me, and seems content, but then I come on RU and see all these rabbits who cuddle with their owners and are running around binkying left and right and flopping out. :(
Bentley is friendly but not overly loving, often he'll stretch himself out lying down with his legs out but never flops, and binkys sometimes.
I feel like a failure but don't know what else to do. :(

I agree with hurricanhoney.. Each bunny is different, some like to be cuddled while others like to be independent.. It sounds like your bunny has it good.. :)

very few of my bunnies get u the energy to binky! Usually only if they have been confiened and then let out - but as they are rarely confined they rarely binky:) Parsley is the happiest bun in the world and I have NEVER seen him binky:)

Only my smallest two buns binky a lot and apart from Dutchie and Fudge non of them are cuddle buns. They will all let me stroke them but only D and F actually seek out cuddles

I have a lionhead who I love to pieces, but I feel that I'm not doing a good job!
He has a large room where he runs freely inside, a 5x8 run and hutch outside, and 4+ hours of direct interaction with me, and seems content, but then I come on RU and see all these rabbits who cuddle with their owners and are running around binkying left and right and flopping out. :(
Bentley is friendly but not overly loving, often he'll stretch himself out lying down with his legs out but never flops, and binkys sometimes.
I feel like a failure but don't know what else to do. :(

Could you get bunny a partner?

Sounds like you are doing a brill job - buns are great at making us feeling guilty!

sounds like you are doing fine! mine are indoors, but if they didn't have each other, i would be worried about them. having said that, although they're litter mates, they aren't particularly close - but they have someone to speak bunny with so...

if you do get your bun a partner, he will probably be even less cuddly! best hope is to choose a cuddlebun from a rescue and hope he picks up the habit. tabby learned to cuddle a bit from watching her brother and my grandbunnies.

Ours aren't cuddly bunnies, in fact one is very timid and runs off if you go near. They do binky, but less as they have got older. They don't flop much, though they have been this weekend, but that's the heat.

I try to pick them up and stroke them often, just to get them used to it, but I have had to accept that they are not going to run to me for cuddles like some people's rabbits do. I think cuddly rabbits are in the minority and as long as your rabbit has space, stimulation and attention you are doing a great job.

Our two have different personalities, so maybe it's just not in his nature to flop or binky a lot.

Back