• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keith, you're not people...

rosiebunny

Mama Doe
Just thought I'd start a silly thread about the funny little things my Keith does.

First off is he takes a great interest in what I am eating and drinking and always wants some (naturally, I don't let him!). He's named after the chef Keith Floyd who was partial to wine so it's quite funny that whenever I am drinking wine Keith will do ANYTHING to take a sip. It get's to be quite a struggle where I have to hold the glass over my head. As a result I don't often drink wine anymore, because I'd have to shut him out or in his cage, and I prefer having him hopping around.

I left a pizza box on the table, closed, while I had a wee. I came back to find the pizza box open and Keith munching on a slice he'd pulled out. Pepperoni. Obviously I took it straight away but it was pretty funny. He also went mental for Spaghetti bolognese and Chilli con carne, this was when I caught on (finally) that he liked tomatoes. Now he gets the odd cherry tomato as a treat. It's round so he likes to push it around for a bit before breaking it open and licking out the centre.

I kept finding slightly nibbled biscuits under the tv and the wiifit. Everytime I got a biscuit out of the tin I would put the lid back on straight away and firmly. I was flummoxed as to how he was managing to steal them in the few seconds I took to choose a biscuit. Until I saw him hold the ridge down with his paws, pop the lid off, take a biscuit, and sit on the tin while he nibbled it a bit before taking it away to hide it! AMAZING!

He loves green beans, and when I bring home the shopping he will sniff the bags until he finds the one with green beans in it and then pull them out and run off with them. He knows when food is brought home for him!

My boyfriend left a jalapeno on his plate and put it on the floor (not a Keith safe place!) Keith hopped over, licked the jalapeno, jumped back and stamped his foot. WARNING. DANGEROUS FOOD IMITATION.

I was playing a game called "zombies" with my boyfriend. In it there are lots of different little plastic zombies that you have to defeat, and cards that make different things happen. Unfortunately the game didn't factor in GIANT BUNNY ATTACK when Keith decided he couldn't bear something else getting more attention than him. Keith immediately defeated all the zombies without even rolling a dice!

When he's finished eating he puts all his toys in his foodbowl.

Gosh I love the fluffy bunny! :love::D:love::D

Wow Keith is one special bun :love::love::love::love::love:
Even my character bun can't get anywhere near opening the biscuit box.
Oooo tells us some more, & do you have any photos?

Photos of the K-factor are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosiebunny/sets/72157623456128669/

Yes he is a massive character! He caught a stomach infection in the petshop, and I had to syringe feed him for a bit. I think that and him living closely in the house with me means he's quite humanised.

My mum says he needs to go stay in the country with her a bit to "remind him he's a rabbit and not a person". Heehee! I wouldn't have him any other way! He's very special.

Photos of the K-factor are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosiebunny/sets/72157623456128669/

Yes he is a massive character! He caught a stomach infection in the petshop, and I had to syringe feed him for a bit. I think that and him living closely in the house with me means he's quite humanised.

My mum says he needs to go stay in the country with her a bit to "remind him he's a rabbit and not a person". Heehee! I wouldn't have him any other way! He's very special.

This is what happened with us. My bun is definitely a rabbit but has learned some human social behaviour like seeing visitors he likes to the front door. You are in for an amazing experience.

Everytime someone comes to the door he runs up with me to see who he is. I was blocking his path with my foot the other day and the pizza guy was all "eh? is that a guard rabbit?". I was just like "Oh, him?, yeah course" as if it was well, duh!

He's having his chilled time of day right now, I expect the crazy to pick up sometime between 5 and 6!

Bang on time the crazy started at about half 5. We've had lots of running up and down, following me to the loo, running at me on the sofa and then running off again...
He actually had an op yesterday but he's not let it affect him one bit. Bless the bunny!

Bang on time the crazy started at about half 5. We've had lots of running up and down, following me to the loo, running at me on the sofa and then running off again...
He actually had an op yesterday but he's not let it affect him one bit. Bless the bunny!

Is't it amazing how bunnies know the time so accurately? I haven't a clue how they do it, & would be fascinated by any suggestions you have.

Back