• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doodee's new home.

This is a resume for my new bun. http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutani...ails/-/article/EM_RehomingRabbitDoodeeMarch10

Day 2 of Doodee in her new home. So far so good- she has not bitten me but I have been trying very hard not to startle her. She is showing signs of relaxing in her new indoor cage but is looking puzzled as to where the rabbit flap she was used to at the RSPCA has gone. She has dared try the rabbit tunnel I bought for her - hid sliced parsnips in the middle. She has stopped hiding every time the door of the lounge opens but is on alert and boy does she startle easily. This morning she was wiling to try and take a piece of parsnip from my hand and ate some brocalli and did not flinch too much when her whiskers brushed my hand. Still not ready to come near any one but she is beginning to look round although she is still staying a good four foot by the cage as she does not know any of us yet.
Doodee has found Fred's old fave sunspot in the lounge in the early morning and is busy making that her own. Hopefully by getting to know her at her speed and more on her terms she will eventually let me pick her up so she can use the run my husband is making for her.
Teasel [Lionhead/Nethie cross] is giving me the cold shoulder for having another doe in the area but even she will come round for a dandelion leaf. The scratches on my hand are curtesy of a cross Teasel who smelt Doodee on my hands from feeding her. My fault I forgot to wash my hands before taking Teasel outside to her run.:oops:

So now I have two spayed does who dislike other buns and humans. Thank goodness I have a large garden and can set their hutches and runs away form each other. Its going to be fun seeing how we settle down together over the next few weeks. :rabbit2:

Back