• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update and photos. Rescued two Dutch Does Unneutered, Unvac

Carrie14

Mama Doe
I looked in my local newsagents window and saw "Rabbits free" not even to a good home:cry:

I called on Tuesday and they said they were gone. I was sad for the buns but o/h does not want more buns:roll:

Anyhow he called me back today and said the buns were available today, usual story of son got bored. He said they would be good breeding stock:evil:

Oh and guess where they came from? Pets at Home.

Apparently they have ferrets too. I have read on here a few times that buns are terrified of Ferrets. Is this going to cause behavioral problems?

So I am going to get them neutered vaccinated and insured asap, but I cant keep them :cry:

They are two years old and sisters.

O/h and I am picking them up at 3 o'clock. I don't know what to expect, what state will they be in:( But we are taking the hutch away and I should imagine it will make lovely fire wood for my chiminea:D

Any advice, suggestions most welcome:)

I don't know how I am going to let them go to a new home. I know I will get too attached and o/h is going to be so :censored: off with me:cry:

Last edited:
Poor mites. I hope they're okay. Post piccies!

Can you not possibly put them up on here? There's many many fans of Dutchies!

Poor mites. I hope they're okay. Post piccies!

Can you not possibly put them up on here? There's many many fans of Dutchies!

I will look into posting them on here once they are sorted.

Half of me hopes everyone will look at them and say ergh they are ugly, no one will want them:lol: The other half is hoping someone will say I live just around the corner and will come and get them now, before you get attached:cry:

I am NEVER looking in the window of that news agents again...

Bless you what you are doing is great. You never know the OH might just fall in love with them and might not want to let them go:lol:. I'm please he's helping you to get them out of that stressful environment. My OH wouldn't let me do that Good on ya both.;)

Awwhh! Good luck! I hope they're happy and healthy when you pick them up.

I wouldn't worry to much about the ferrets. A friend of mine has ferrets and she bought a couple round when I had a rat problem once. The buns spotted them, looked a bit wary, stamped their feet and then got back to the important business of eating! :lol: I wouldn't of thought they'd cause these buns to have behavioural problems unless the ferrets were allowed to get too close and scare them. :)

Poor little mites. I am so glad that there are people like you. You are doing a great thing taking them in and have most likely saved them from a horrible fate. Lucky buns for there being someone like you.

I am looking forward to pics.:D

Thanks for replies:wave: Three hours is along time to wait, the owners are going shopping:evil:

georgie_f that's good to hear as i have only heard bad things about ferrets and buns. Hopefully they had the sense to keep them away.

HoppingBinky I must admit I just assumed Oliver would do it for me:oops: I do love him for understanding me as he is not animal mad at all and only really likes my Rabbits. So fingers crossed:angel:

helgalush I can guess what their fate would be as a lot of dogs cats etc. have gone missing around here:cry:

I got them. Introducing "The Buns With No Names"

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

and the hutch we took away too.
IMG_0008.jpg

A bit worried about the grey ones breathing, hopefully just the heat also a bit thinner than the black one:?. I will let them settle and off to the vets on Monday. (If not sooner...)

Otherwise they seem kind of OK. Oh yes and they are GOURGOUS:love:

they are gorgeous, i love Dutchies :love: fingers crossed the grey ones breathing is nothing to worry about and is only because of the warmer weather...

Aw, they are lovely. :)
Well done you!

The hutch is better than some sold in pet shops... but that ramp :shock: no grooves or anything to help them get up and down :(

They are so gorgeous, i agree the hutch could be much worse. how old are they or do you not know? ETA: oops sorry I just re-read and you already said how old they are! :oops:

The hutch could definatley be worse. It had just been cleaned out but it did have hay in it.

I think the dad knew that he was not acting in the rabbits best interests as when we were leaving he said "you might put them in the pot next week" was quite strange:?

Their claws are really overgrown. I will let them settle first before I start messing them about.

The black one is so fat and is eating hay, the grey one is picking at hay but not to hungry, although I did see her eat the first poo, (forgotten what you call them:oops:)

The food is some sort of muesli mix, I will be weaning them off of this onto SS in the next few days.

Back