• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any good boredom breaker ideas?

Hop.Skip.Jump

Warren Scout
My pair, Gucci and Chanel are so destructive, they chew practically anything. The ramp in there hutch has been chewed. They have loads of room to run around and play in, a log brige and a massive cardboard tube. I also like to put their food in different places not just in a bowl. I twist carrots into the fencing of the cage and this works really well for all of 10 mins where they pull the carrots down. So I was wondering what do you do with you buns to keep them entertained?

Thank you :)

My bunnies love to bunch.

Give them an old towel or fleece throw and they will dig on it, scrunch it up and then flop down on it for hours!

They also have a binky cushion: basically a thick padded cushion which they can dig on an flop out on. They do this all the time!

They also have a wicker basket full of hay which I put herbs in when they are reduced in the supermarket. They love nomming on the herbs and chewing the basket.

I find my buns will only go for things that look like there not supposed to be for them. I have a cardboard box for them to chew on, but they go for the one that I keep my wine in :roll:

The same with baskets etc, make them serve some sort of purpose and they'll be much more likely to go for them. :lol:

I bought my basket in a charity shop as then it can easily be replaced. Make sure it's not treated!

Some shops (Home and Bargain) also sell cheap wicker laundry baskets (for £3). These would be a good investment if you have the space.

Well, my rabbits live outside. Seeing as we have a cat and a dog inside and also fussy parents although if it was my choice they'd be in and out. A wicker basket would be good for them :)
:lol::lol: typical everything you don't want them at their at.

make ice lollys out of fruit veg and water great for hot weather gives them something to do keeping them busy i know of people who do this and their bunnys love them

I don't know how long this keeps mine entertained for, but I can always hear them scrabbling around at 6 in the morning cos even though they're outside and I'm upstairs their hutch is right below and I have the window open. I put a layer of hay in half of the bottom level of their hutch and then scatter their pellets onto the hay, then fluff up the hay so the pellets aren't on the top. This way the buns have to dig around a little to get to their pellets.

They always find the pellets, I haven't noticed any leftovers on clean out day yet!

Xxx

I have emptied out a coconut , halved it and strung it up from the top of the run so he has to reach for any treats i might have left in there... seems to have gone downa storm!!

Try a shallow plastic box filled with sand, or even earth. Buns love to dig and flop in them.

Back