• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets bills!!!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Just had a vets bill for £117!!!! :? 3 myxi jabs (with 10% discount) a skin scrap because i thought Tinkerbell had mites... she does so then i had to buy the treatment too.... ouch!!! Vet says he thinks shes allergic to the mites in hay, ive had on off problems with her for a while, all the others have never had them. :roll:

Blooming heck thats expensive! saying that grace`s myxi was around £20 and the vhd was about £24, thats just for one bun, she had mites too that cost us another £20 per session before she could have her first set of vaccinations, luckily for me the pet shop paid for the last 2 treatments as she had got mites the day i bought her home. xxx

Last edited:
I just wish some of mine were £117. :lol::oops:
I think vets around here are generally quite costly, although my vet practically cut one of my bills in half once (it was originally over £900, but she said she never intended to charge full price and reimbursed me after I'd paid) after we and her had battled for a long time and lost our bunny. :(

The only major issue I have with vets is you never know how much it will cost until you're at the desk waiting to pay! Not an issue with debit cards, but my other half doesn't have one and once you draw cash out of the machine, it rarely goes back in! :lol:

I paid £375 at FHB yesterday and £60 last week at my local vet. Thats not counting the price of recent vacs for eight buns.
And last month ,............... best not to rememer:shock:

Ours is sitting at nearly £1200 for this month, and we still have another week to go.:shock:
We do have to stop taking in anymore animals, once the kakarikis come next month.:(

I've just parted with £568.............. :?

My husband would need resuscitating if I had a bill like that!!!!:shock:,yet Daisy cost us about £400 for her post spay probs-but o/h didnt notice as it was paid weekly :)

[will make sure o/h doesnt see this thread]

Back