• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nail clipping??

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
just wondering the best way to clip a rabbbits nails what position do i am they have to be in? my rabbit seems upset when i just pick up her paws and she pulls them away, i am worried if i try to clip them and she scrabbles she might get hurt

mine are mini lops. i cradle them in my left arm, a bit like a baby, with all four feet sticking out towards me, and snip. they aren't lying down and they aren't tranced. i don't mind doing it and they don't seem to mind either.

I get my mam to hold charlie so hes cuddled into her, and I just gently hold each paw and quickly snip the claws off

I find it easiest having them on a surface and bending over them or near them to get to the claws.

I do this with three of mine but Honey has hers done at the vets, normally whilst out for the count as its the safest way :shock:

Ha! Yes my hardest is Nutmeg. I do hers here though still as I can stop every now and then otherwise she gets too stressed out.

Ditto with Nutmeg. Typical isn't it, the hardest bun is also the one with the dark claws. :roll: Fortunately hers don't seem to grow as fast as the others. I find when they are dark claws a good light is essential. You can see the light going through the part of the nail without vein whereas the quick is kinda opaque.

Back