• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I don't seem to be able to find a local supplier of Megazorb, but have found a shop that sells Equasorb. Is this the same kind of thing? It's made from Flax.

Megazorb is like a smaller version of carefresh, although made from wood pulp it is soft. Equasorb is more like Aubiose (sorry not much help if you don't know what that is like either!!:lol:) but the only way I can think of describing it is to say it looks a bit like little "splinters" but again once laid is fairly soft to the touch.

I can get all the above bedding through a local livery/animal feed supplier - hope that helps.:)

Megazorb is like a smaller version of carefresh, although made from wood pulp it is soft. Equasorb is more like Aubiose (sorry not much help if you don't know what that is like either!!:lol:) but the only way I can think of describing it is to say it looks a bit like little "splinters" but again once laid is fairly soft to the touch.

I can get all the above bedding through a local livery/animal feed supplier - hope that helps.:)

The place I found does Equasorb & Aubiouse - are both suitable for bunnies? If not I'll carry on the search for Megasorb.

I get Megazorb from The Hay Experts or Animal Magic. I think even with p&p it works out cheaper than most stores sell it as

I'm thinking of ordering some megazorb from the hay experts tomorrow (payday woo hoo! a.k.a spendafortuneonthebunniesday :lol:) as i'm currently using PAH wood pellet cat litter which is costing about £30+ a month for 2 buns :shock: Before I order it though, what exactly is it? is it pellets or flaky stuff?

Joejoes allergic to woodshavings which is why he's on pellets, so i don't want to get it if it might set off his allergy. Thanks

It's like small round balls. Imagine if you tore a inch square bit of paper and rolled it into a ball. it's a bit like that.

The place I found does Equasorb & Aubiouse - are both suitable for bunnies? If not I'll carry on the search for Megasorb.

My horse supply ran out of megazorb the other week, so i had to buy some auboise. I think i`m going to stick with it, i find my guineas don`t smell as bad as they did when i used megazorb. I do prefere auboise over megazorb. Why don`t you give them both a try before you make your mind up. I also use it for my hammy, and my buns litter tray.

PaulineJo, I have pm'd you as we can deliver a bag to you in person given your location if that helps.

Just make sure with bedding that it doesn't contain citronella if using it for guinea pigs.

Thanks holidayhutch :wave: I just ordered some yesterday off the hay experts, typical, or I would have ordered it off you! I'll get it from you the next time :)

as i'm currently using PAH wood pellet cat litter which is costing about £30+ a month for 2 buns :shock:

Thats a lot!
I use one of the 30litre bags every two weeks and my two have two litter trays.

I clean the trays out properly every two days, but only pick up the dirty/used stuff every other day, means i am not chucking out loads of unused litter.

Thats a lot!
I use one of the 30litre bags every two weeks and my two have two litter trays.

I clean the trays out properly every two days, but only pick up the dirty/used stuff every other day, means i am not chucking out loads of unused litter.

Yes it it :? my two don't use a litter tray though - Joe always used to kick them over little monkey, so basically there very large always open indoor cage is one big bunny loo! They each have a corner for weeing in but they poop all over it, and as they're in the kitchen i end up pretty much taking about half out every day to keep it looking clean. i tried just heaping it up in the cornersd and leaving the middle bare but they still went on it anyway.

They're moving into the great outdoors over the next week or so though and as their new house will be wooden i'm going to get a couple of corner litter trays and hook them on the wall in the hope that they can't move them and actually go in them and this should cut down on the amount of litter, fingers crossed :lol:

Last edited:
My old litter was costing me over £10 a month as a bag was £5 roughly.Ive started using megazorb as a sack costing me £7 lasts 2 months.Bargain!!

Back