• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day room / Night room Q's

bobbedazzler

Warren Scout
Hiya

Well, construction of the new hutch is well and truly underway (I'm taking pics as we go along and will post once complete) ....... however, when I was reading through some RSPCA notes I have about hutches I noticed that it said each rabbit should have its own sleeping area.

We were going to split the top of the double decker into two, providing a day compartment and a night one but now I'm wondering whether instead to split it into three and have sleep, day, sleep compartments instead.

Which would be best? I thought that they'd want to snuggle up together in the same bedroom .... but then I suppose if there's 2 separate sleep areas they can decide themselves.

Do you have a separate sleeping area per bunny or do they all just pile into the one and snuggle up?

:D

Mine tend to all sleep together. What do they do at the moment? Do they tenmd to be together in their current accomodation

Mine change their minds several times a day - sometimes snuggled together and sometimes apart. They don't have a set sleeping area either though, just wherever takes their fancy. :lol::lol:

To be honest I've removed the partitians in some of my hutches. In my experience the buns never use the sleeping area except as a toilet! :lol: Most my buns have an obsession with sleeping in their litter trays.

Thanks, currently they sleep together but I wasn't sure if it was because they were just never given the option! So wondered what your buns did! lol

Mind, I'm sure if they really didn't want to be together, one would just ****** off and sleep in the day area!?!

Thought it best to ask though as I really want this hutch to be spot on!

The downstairs will be a 'day room' and will be open so they can have access to the run whenever they like. (although it will have doors on should we need to keep them in at any time).

I think its really lovely how much thought you are putting into this hutch. I have several bunnies here who want to know when they can move in! :lol:

I've adapted my hutches - they each originally had one built in bedroom upstairs, but now we have a wooden box bedroom on each floor so that they have the choice of sleeping together or seperate. they also seem to prefer sleeping downstairs, although they ocassionally use the upstairs bedrooms.

aww thanks Amy .....I really want them to love it. Must say, OH's really impressed with all the thought too! Lol - he particularly likes it when he comes home from work and I say ........I've been thinking .... about this hutch .........'!! LOL

Oooh Blackberry, that's a good idea, might get them a couple of those so they can make their own minds up.

x

Back