• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with bunny teeth

Joh619

Alpha Buck
Hey,

I've just been talking to some people at work and turns out one of them has a rabbit that is having to have its front teeth clipped every 3 weeks. The vet has said its not fair on the rabbit and that she should either have it PTS :evil: or pay £200 for it to have its front teeth removed.

I don't really know a lot about bunny teeth - is there anything else that could be done rather than having them removed?

If that really is the only option, does anyone know of a good vet around Ilkeston (between nottingham and derby) that would do the op for less? I trust my vets, but they do seem expensive and the woman didn't seem keen on paying £200.

There were some other people there that said £200?!?! but it's only £16 to have it PTS and then you can get a new one! :censored:

I'm afraid I don't know any vets local to Ilkeston, but my vets at Gamston, Nottingham do good prices for dental work. Is that too far? I can ask them for a quote next time I'm there if you want me to?

Definitely don't let her have the bun pts. I'm sure someone on here would be able to help out if she doesn't want the bother any more.

I pay 9.71 to have Lilys teeth burred every 4 weeks.We have contemplated taking her teeth out but she has lung problems amongst other things.
The cost isnt a bother.Losing Lily would kill me.

I'm afraid I don't know any vets local to Ilkeston, but my vets at Gamston, Nottingham do good prices for dental work. Is that too far? I can ask them for a quote next time I'm there if you want me to?

Definitely don't let her have the bun pts. I'm sure someone on here would be able to help out if she doesn't want the bother any more.

That would be great if you could ask :) I don't think it'd be too far, although I've no idea where this woman lives, only that she works in Ilkeston so she can't live that far away.

I think I paid about £120 for incisor removal for Maddie. Maybe they should phone around and get some quotes first - £200 seems a lot!!

My Herbie came to me from a rescue with his front teeth already removed.....one of them (and his peg teeth) have grown back in. He has been getting it burred every 3/4 weeks at a cost of £6.

He is going in next week to try to remove it again, its costing £90.

I'm sure that a different vets could do it for less than the £200 your friend has been quoted.

I just rang up my vets, and they said the prices for rabbit dentals are £74-£120 + drug cost. Which is at least a bit better.

Now I just need to go find the woman and work with the "aggressive" rabbit and I'll be happier :)

Back