• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inca at the vets with blockage :(

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Our little princess is poorly. She usually comes charging out to see me in the morning for her breakfast & tickles but this morning there was no sign of her. I found her lying in the sitting room. We've had Inca just over 3 months and she NEVER lies down so I was fairly sure something was wrong. I took her water and breakfast into her but she wasn't interested, not even in fresh basil or parsley. Very small number of droppings overnight too (although she did a couple whilst I was watching her which is good). She would get up and move a little but then flop down again, very odd behaviour for her. After talking to Jill at Honeybunnies I took her straight to the vets. As suspected, she has a blockage but no gas (thankfully). Vet said that we've caught it early. She's having IV fluids, pain killer and a stimulant. I've asked them to check her teeth as well. I have to call at 12.30 for an update.

Desparately worried and upset. She means the world to us.

Back