• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny's that just know

Hessen

Banned
Raisin can utterly tell when wifey or I are upset.

We've had 3 pretty upsetting bits of news today and are in a bit of a state and I just can't believe how he runs over to us, leaps up onto the sofa and snuggles with us when he literally never does at any other time (unless we have narna)

It seems like each day I find out something wonderful about what our furry friends are capable of.

Are anyone else's buns the same?

frosty is not a human bunny when i took both linus and frosty to the vets last year to confirm myxi i was trying really hard to keep it together, I grabbed frosty she didnt struggle she in fact nuzzled into me hard and didnt want to move, :(

animals are not daft my cat used to know when i was upset too he come over and curl up with me

My two bunnies now aren't very people-orientated, but my old bunny Widget was like this.

I got him when I was 12 and he died when I was 15, so he was with me through the angsty teenager phase :lol:
If I were upset he'd turn into such a cuddle bun.

Now I've got my cat for this. When I was ill a couple of years ago with a chest infection (doesn't sound too bad but it's the worst I've ever felt in my life) she didn't leave me at all. I had to sleep sitting up and she'd lie on my lap and knead my chest... which was actually quite painful but I think she meant well :lol:

I love my aminals!

Hope you are both ok :( Raisin sounds very sweet :love: Scamp is always over us both, and he definately does know when we are upset :) xXx

Yes, Badger and Sky are so in tune with me its uncanny. Very, very sweet when you are feeling so rubbish. Flash was always so in tune too.

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. I hope you're both ok (although, if you've got upsetting news, I would guess you're probably not). I'll be thinking of you both.

Rimmi does, and if he's in the penhe will sit there and watch me cry, he's even licked my face after crying. My bridge bun tabby was a great snuggler when I was upset and she used to lick me too. it's like a soul-bun thing when they care that much about your emotional state. :( I love my babies x

Mopsy always used to know :love: but then she was a lovely lovely lovely bunnie :love:

Oggie and Delila seem to know too. They both seem more clingy to me (so im literally tripping over them :lol:) and when Ogs went in for his castration he snuggled behind my arm and flopped out there. He hated that vet, bless him.

I'm going to sound really "woe is me" but Teddy knew whenever I was upset! He would always be there, being extra gentle.....and if I had any noms he'd sneakily try and steal it whilst comforting me.

Ruby's oblivious to it all! She's said her goodbyes, and just doesn't realise anything's wrong.

Hope you're ok Ross!

They are very wise creatures!
Once i was sitting upset and my Kermit came over and started licking my hand, then he stopped and looked at me with his wee squinty head as if to say, 'see you are ok now mummy' :)

I'm upset most days, the bunnies and Jay are the only people I trust. They definitely do know when I'm upset, especially Lola. She's 4 now, and she's is the bunny I've had the longest, she really does looks after me, I guess she gets it from her daddy:love::love:.

Apparently she gets her mood swings from mummy though :oops::roll::lol: xx

Back