• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tried wildie in with the group last night

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
She was accepted by everyone immediately (I love my buns:love:) - Kendra immediately groomed her, & she groomed Sugar (Boss Woman), but then she decided she didn't like Flint. Now Flint is the biggest in the group, & Boss Man - & wildie bun is the size of my hand. :roll: He hid.

I haven't left them together - she's too small for me to feel comfortable, (I didn't realise the size difference until they were all in the run:oops:) - I just thinks she looks a bit breakable if Flint decides to fight back. So looks like she's on her own until she's big/old enough to be spayed.

But it definitely made me feel better about the -accidental-extra-rabbit situation.:oops:

She's incredibly friendly now & grooms me:love: I never expected that from a wildie.

We are trying free range garden time for the first time this weekend (heavily supervised:lol:):D

Looks promising! :D

Don't worry too much about your other buns hurting the wildie, I doubt they would be able to catch her if she didn't want them to.

My girl wildie (Freddy) is really tame too...she's too bossy to be a groomer, but she enjoys cuddles and likes sitting on my shoulders or head when I sit in their run.

My boy wildie (Thistle) is something else...I very rarely see him, and he doesn't like me very much...he seems to get on with Freddy though.

Awww wow! What amazing temperaments your rabbits have!
My first ever rabbit was a wildie called Tinkerbell (Tinks for short) and she was sooo pretty and tame. It was thanks to her that I am now addicted to buns! :D

Also, wildies may be small but they have loads of attitude. I tried bonding Thistle with my top-rabbit Marnie (all the other rabbits are scared of her)...and he kicked her ass! She was pertrified of him, even though he was half her size :shock:

I'm so glad my Roger isn't like that. He's an 'I'm going to accept any lady into my harem (sp?)' type boy, which makes bonding super easy.

Hehehe....awwww:love:

Wildie buns certainly do have bags of character...full of beans and attitude :love: Never a dull moment :lol:

You'll be hooked...:love:

My girl wildie (Freddy) is really tame too...she's too bossy to be a groomer, but she enjoys cuddles and likes sitting on my shoulders or head when I sit in their run.

yes yes Bella does this. She hates being held - but likes strokes - & she scrambled up & sat on my shoulder, I was all :shock::shock::shock: She's been nicknamed the Parrot since then:lol:

She is fast - I had avoided free range garden time for fear of her being uncatchable - but she comes belting over in the hope of food or if you call her so :love::love:

I think Flint was just in shock :lol: She was really fast & he was "What was that?:shock::shock::shock:":lol:

Back