• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hey

This is my first time posting here. We have two Rabbits ( male - sniffy) and (female- Jesabel) Jes just had babies this afternoon. This is her second litter, her first one she had nine but only kept two she had a great nest made and everything. Now this time around she doesnt have a nest made, she had eight babies and Im scared that because she didnt make a nest she aint going to look after them. The cage needs to be changed its been 4 days now and well we had no signs that thease babies were ready to arrive yet (altho its been 32 days) I dont know what I should do. Make another nest and move the babies? Or let her do what she is going to do ? When should I clean the cage ?

hi, nice to meet you.

have you separated the parents? she could be pregnant again by now. or are you breeding on purpose?

i don't know much about this except rabbit mums often don't spend a lot of time with their babies and you need to look if the babies have rounded tummies to see if they are being fed.

really, i'd think about not breeding any more. there are too many rabbits in the world already - more than people can care for responsibly.

hiya :wave::wave::wave::wave:

have no idea on baby bunnies but i think leave mommy to do her thing and get loads of pics for us :D:D:D

Back