• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Castration advice

hi all,

I am new to this site.

I am after a bit of advice really, i have had my rabbit castrated today, i have never had a rabbit before, I have been worrried about the poor little fella!

Basically, one of his eyes keeps shuttin and its a bit gooey aswell, will this just clear up? as i know in surgery they have to stick there eyes dont they. He is also very dosey tonight and sleepy which i did expect cos of the different injections and the traumatic experience hes been through!

Thanks in advance! Been readin a few messages on here and can get some good advice! :p

Hiya!!!!!! :wave::wave:
Some vets use an eye gel as buns eyes dont close during surgery and the gel keeps the eyes moist.Could it be that?????

:Dyeah hes been eating some hay, he hasnt touched his normal food yet though. He has been the toilet plenty of times though! He hasnt had much to drink but he doesnt normally drink that much until its bed time.

Poor little fella. Hes slowly coming round more and more though which is good :D

Hiya!!!!!! :wave::wave:
Some vets use an eye gel as buns eyes dont close during surgery and the gel keeps the eyes moist.Could it be that?????

Yeah i suppose it could be that too, although it wasnt like that when we picked him up. maybe hes just tired and sleepy, he just keeps pokin me with his nose when i stop strokin him! i have never seen him this quiet!

That is great news:D:D
You may find he will go off his dry food for a few days but eating hay is good:D

That is great news:D:D
You may find he will go off his dry food for a few days but eating hay is good:D

Yeah as soon as he got home he was tuckin into his hay. he looks so sad though, hes got a patch on his front leg where they shaved it and u can tell hes not cleanin himself properly, aww.

ah bless, they do look super pathetic coming round from a ga, I think Pye milked it when he came home for extra treats!!

Keep him warm, pop some cooled boiled water in a bowl and surround him with yummy foods, sending lots of vibes that he picks up quick x

yeah i think hes milkin it a bit now. i put him away in his cage (hes an indoor rabbit) and he kept biting to come out and when he came out hes lyin down next to me...typical male! :D

I am sure he will be fine, and he will also be calmer and will stop tryin it on with my leg....i hope!!

haha Pye is just as naughty now, think thats the dutch in him!! He's a little bit lazier....Takes a while for them to calm down mind!! Appreciate a quiet snuggly bun while you can :love:

Yeah i think i will enjoy the peace an quiet while i can! i will probably come home from work and he will be his normal self again!!! hehe!

Back