• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisy's poorly.

Dustyrabbit

Warren Veteran
I didn't post earlier because I hoped she'd pick up quickly but sadly not.

She hadn't finished her supper when I went out this morning and she was rather quiet, had a little hop around and went to see her brother but only ate a bite or two of fresh herbs before lying out flat with an obvious sore tummy.

The vets were able to give us an appointment almost as soon as I was able to get there and she stayed in for the day having fluids, zantac, metaclop and metacam. Rang at 5 for an update, hoping I could go and get her but she's still not eating or pooing - she's been syringe fed. Popped in to see her and take her some herbs etc. The vet was going to see her again and a nurse is on overnight to feed and keep an eye. Ringing at 10 tomorrow so fingers crossed she will be feeling a lot better.

Thanks everyone :wave: It's such a worry isn't it, its just over a year since she had a similar episode, I wonder if its the grass, although she hasn't been on the lawn since monday evening but now I think about it her poops have been a bit smaller and dark since them and perhaps she has been a bit quieter although I put that down to the warmer weather :?

Hope she is ok. I have a Maisy too. She went for her spay yesterday and wasn't/isn't eating, drinking, pooing or weeing so I took her to the vets this morning and she is now being syringe fed just like your Bun. And also on all the same/similar medicines you mentioned. Really wishing them both well :)

Hope she is ok. I have a Maisy too. She went for her spay yesterday and wasn't/isn't eating, drinking, pooing or weeing so I took her to the vets this morning and she is now being syringe fed just like your Bun. And also on all the same/similar medicines you mentioned. Really wishing them both well :)

lots of vibes for your Maisy too, come on girls eat! xxx

Ah BooMoo I hope your Maisey is picking up now, do let us know, sending her good recovery vibes too.

My Maisy ate a little overnite then began to eat very well this morning but not yet passing normal poops just a few squishy ones so she's staying the rest of the day, I'll see how she is later this afternoon.

Thanks everyone, my Maisy is feeling quite a lot better, eating pretty well on her own. She came home last night with meds and I came down to a nice crop of poops this am, although they are rather dark. She's munching everything now so fingers crossed we are slowly getting back to normal. Popped her back outside for the day so she really feels she's home.

I wonder how the other Maisy is getting on?

Back