• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best thing to treat a hutch with

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
To make it waterproof etc? OH is saying yacht varnish, but is that pet safe? would only be on the exterior.

I use Wilkinsons own brand "colour your garden" water based, pet friendly paint. Comes in a nice shade of mushy pea green, chalky pale blue and a few different browns. I've done 3 hutches & a wendy house in it and it's mega. Really nice to use, no odour & inexpensive :D

Yes I do too but I do wish they'd stop selling hutches that aren't suitable for rabbits :censored:

:( I know. Most of the stuff they sell for animals isnt suitable tbh. I used to get my hamster stuff from there before I found out the cotton wool can impact their pouches and that wood shavings are bad for animals. Still buy their paper bedding though.

It's a shame I can't boycott them really but it would be very difficult to do so. I have though sent a formal complaint about their hutches :(

my OH used to work there before they started selling hutches. I cant really boycott them either am trying to boycott Argos though

Back