• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If a bunny...

I have none....could I pop her in a very shallow sink of warm water??? I dont want to take no chances...shes an indoor bun....

m and t are so fluffy underneath i've given up wipes and invested in a good sharp pair of hairdressing scissors. snip snip, all gone.

Good luck! Hope it's not a stinker (Clo did some real stinkers that got stuck in his bum fur - had to wear a mask :mrgreen:)

m and t are so fluffy underneath i've given up wipes and invested in a good sharp pair of hairdressing scissors. snip snip, all gone.

I give Clo a trim underneath every few weeks. He used to get a sticky bum (think I've got his diet sorted now), and I did have to resort to cutting some off (Tiny little scissors with rounded ends). he has incredibly sift bum fur, so now I trim it short just to make sure nothing will stick just in case :D

I found that toilet paper to get the worst off, then a flannel worked best. I was concerned about using baby wipes in case they irritated.

I found that toilet paper to get the worst off, then a flannel worked best. I was concerned about using baby wipes in case they irritated.

I checked that with my vet, and she said if they were gentle enough for a baby's bum they are fine for a bunny bum. (Think I read similar elsewhere too) :)

Oh right, that's good then! Fortunately my Mini has stopped with all the mucky bum episodes now we have her diet sorted. No more muck cleaning up jobs. Bliss.

Lily is disabled.......I dont want any bad problems with bunny botty cleaning and Im paranoid about the flies......but she is clean now!!!! and flashed me so many filthy looks I daresay I have a dirty face now!!!:lol::lol:

Oh I don't want you to think I was having a dig. :oops: I know there are lots of reasons why a bun's bum can get messy. Hope Lily forgives you soon!!

I use a dampened towel thing. Their bums dont get dirty - its their back feet! :roll:
They both sit in the litter tray for ages and now their fet are disgusting (especially oggie, as Delly came to me with horrible manky feet). Im going to ask the vet to have scrub when she is under :oops: As they both hate their feet being touched :roll::lol:

Back