• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does a bunny do when the grass in his garden gets too long....

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
...he calls in the guinea pig lawn mowers!!!!

At least, that's what Buttercup thought he was getting.

The grass in Buttercup & Blackberry's garden extension was getting a bit long, and Buttercup prefers digging holes to mowing the lawn, and Blackberry can't sit still long enough to clear a decent patch of grass, so they thought they'd go out to the run in the big garden and invite Rose & Martha to get the lawn down to a decent length again...

Rose: Wheeee! This isn't our nice cosy indoor cage!!!!

Martha: And it isn't our nice cosy outdoor hutch. Where are we?

BunniesandpiggiesMay2010001-1.jpg

Rose: Fresh air! Nasty! Where can I hide? Martha? Where are you?

BunniesandpiggiesMay2010004-1.jpg

Martha: I'm hiding in this box in the corner. Come on, there's loads of hay in here, we won't starve

Buttercup: Oi, piggies! How's the lawn coming on?

BunniesandpiggiesMay2010007-1.jpg

To which there was no response....Rose and Martha hid themselves in their box and refused to come out. We probably have the most agrophobic guinea pigs in the world....:roll:

Hmm, I wonder if we can create a new start-up business. Bun-lawnmowers-r-us. Mischa and Mini are excellent lawnmowers. :lol:

:lol: Our piggies are just the same - I put their ridge tile (roofing tile) out there and they hide under it to eat the grass, I just move it around every 10 minutes or so! They will come out eventually but sometimes I haven't the time to wait!

:lol: Our piggies are just the same - I put their ridge tile (roofing tile) out there and they hide under it to eat the grass, I just move it around every 10 minutes or so! They will come out eventually but sometimes I haven't the time to wait!

We've had this pair for 2 years now - all the other piggies we've had have loved being on the grass with a limitless supply of food under their feet. These two, bless 'em, do not like fresh air :roll:

Back