• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have never been a nethie fan but today

Becca24

Mama Doe
I could have carried out some bunnynapping! :lol:

I met Sky-O's crew today and now I have to say I do love them nethies, so sweet!!

Chloe was rather struck too although she chased the poor cat around more! :lol: Although she enjoyed being in badgers house with him!! :lol:

I know lots of you have nethies I have heard people say how unfriendly they can be but I have to say its a myth!! I am very smitten!! :love::love: So perhaps in the future I may have my own!! ;)

bunniesmay19th2010inaviary001.jpg

Dandelion: We are mean, mean bunnies!

Clover: Don't be silly, Dandelion,we were just having a grumpy face day when that photo was taken. This one is much nicer :wave:

bunniesmay196th2010withbasilpots001.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Be careful with showing me the pcis, cos I might come for them in the middle of the night!!! :D

They are cute!! Is that a whole basil plant I see in that photo??? Lucky buns!:lol:

Yes, a whole pot of basil :oops:

The big boys (Dan & Clo) can polish of a pot in one sitting

The little boys (Blackie & Buttercup) have totally ignored the pot in their run :roll:, although they will eat the leaves if I pick them off for them.....

Aaaw, I love nethies! :love::love:
Neither of mine have been particularly unfriendly (Pipkin can take or leave humans but he's never been aggressive or anything). Definitely full of energy though! Pipkin is way more energetic than ruby and he's 3 years older.

I was never that keen on Nethies, but since joining here and seeing everybody's I've totally fallen in love :love::love::love:

I don't know why Nethies are so disliked by so many people :?

My Tinkerbell was gorgeous with a personality to match!

I don't know why Nethies are so disliked by so many people :?

My Tinkerbell was gorgeous with a personality to match!

I think they've got a bad rep... probably because people buy them for kids expecting them to be cuddly cos they're little.... not realising rabbits arent cuddly. I don't believe in all that aggressive breed stuff in any animal though :) its all about how you treat them and train them

:wave: Was really nice to see you both this afternoon :) Glad to know I still have all 16 bunnies here though :lol: but... would you like to catnap the cat?

I don't believe in all that aggressive breed stuff in any animal though :) its all about how you treat them and train them

There is definitely a genetic element to behaviour, so it stands to reason that, especially when the breed was being 'made', the best looking ones were bred and if they were nasty then so be it, and those traits were then passed on. Nw the breed is established, and so breeders can breed for temperment too, which means that the bunnies generally are nicer than they were. Maybe the stereotype was accurate many years ago, but definitely not now, and certainly not with mine.

Mine are wonderful, thankfully :) As Becca found out today :D

I was thinking that! That would be gone in about 2 minutes here!

I would love a Nethie! I really would!

I had literally only just put the pot in :lol: That's why the boys look so grumpy, they had just woken up from their afternoon nap. As soon as they saw the pot of basil they started on it. Yes, two minutes was about all it took :roll::roll:

There is definitely a genetic element to behaviour

I agree with this. The difference in personalities between my lops and my lionheads is immense. My lops will be totally at home anywhere (but the vets) but my lionheads freak out at the tiniest thing. Just a new voice in the house is enough to freak Smudge out!

ETA: You changed your post! Now I dunno if I'm agreeing with it or not. :lol:

I agree with this. The difference in personalities between my lops and my lionheads is immense. My lops will be totally at home anywhere (but the vets) but my lionheads freak out at the tiniest thing. Just a new voice in the house is enough to freak Smudge out!

ETA: You changed your post! Now I dunno if I'm agreeing with it or not. :lol:

:lol: I didn't change it, just added to it.

I think the characteristics for nethies are bags of personality, curious, energetic and fast!

The video had me in stitches! Damn if only I had space for two more ;)

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't a fan of nethies either, I was on the look-out for giants when I stumbled across Dudley...and he couldn't stay on his own so I got Santa...and now I'm totally hooked :lol:

Back