• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dellybelly was ill last night :( U/D happened again. :(

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
When I went to bed, I let the bunnies out again whilst I cleaned them out. Oggie jumped out like usual but Delila just stayed there - which is really unusual. I picked her up and had a quick cuddle with her and she felt skinnier than she usually does so I had a quick look all about her but everything was normal. So I quickly cleaned them out and put Ogs away and got some veggies for Delly and she sat on my lap whilst she ate them. She was looking much better by this point and had alot more energy so I put her in the hutch and let her nom on her hay which she did most of the night.
I dont understand it :( I feed them twice a day and they have unlimited hay every day. It was horrible to see her so fragile when she usually is so fun and outgoing - all she wanted was to have cuddles and food. She is much better this morning and they did their usual jumping all over each other to be let out. She is going to be booked in for her spay this week or early next week so I will be ask them about it (obviously if she goes bad again I will take her to the vets).
Could it be just Oggie eating all the food? Like, I know she is abit of a push over in that aspect as Ogs runs away with the food but I didnt realise to that extent! I will be feeding her one to one if thats the case!

Last edited:
glad shes ok hun :D:D:D

no-one knows what makes a bun go off. seems to be total guess work as long as shes ok now try not to worry but if you are concerned about her weight you should deffo start to monitor it, looks are very deceiving i always thought Pearl had lost more than she actually had.

I'd weigh her every few days to check that her weight is not continuing to drop.
I'd also monitor her poo output and how much she is drinking.

If Ogs bullies her away from food you may have to supervise them more closely at feed times. Maybe take Ogs out of the hutch for half an hour to allow Delila to eat alone :)

I sit and watch mine eat to make sure each gets their own :roll:, they have seperate dishes......glad she's ok now :D

Thankyou :love:
I will weigh her, as I do get worried about as she is so tiny.I'm also worried she is too petite to have her spey :?. I will also monitor (well try :lol:) her outtake of plops - which are thankfully all very healthy otherwise I would be worrying.

i give mine separate pellets and veg because tabby would like to chase matthew off, just to show she's the boss.

U/D

Delila went through this again last night :(. I got in about 12 and went upstairs and she was just sitting there, when I left at 8 she was fine - hopping about everywhere. This time she could hardly walk, and when she did she stumbled to her right (which made me think she could have had a stroke or something? ). Yesterday was the only day I hadnt hand fed her but they had pellets sprinkled about in the morning and I usually hand feed her when I go to bed.
So I fed her abit and then put her down, she was getting better at walking but still slightly swaying. So I put her back on my bed and let her eat more. Dad said if she wasnt properly walking in half an hour we will take her to the vets but once she ate more veggies and pellets she made a speedy recovery and was able to hop around again, although it lacked energy.

The worrying thing is, is that she got better and was ok-ish at 1 but when I put her back in the cage with some hay and water she was nibbling but then went back to sitting with her eyes half closed. She didnt look like Delly at all :(. I let her sit there for abit and then bought her out and massaged her tummy for a while and put her back in the hutch. She ate hay and sat there and then came out for a walk so I thought that might get everything moving abit so I got up and walked about (they follow me as I walk) and she was fine. I stayed up for an hour and watched her until 3 when she was getting better and getting more energy.

This morning she was her usual self - up at the bars and hopping about. I topped up the hay and hand fed her her breakfast. It was interesting to see how her body language changed when Oggie jumped on my lap aswell and was looking for food - she put her ears back and sort of huddled next to me but when he went off she had her ears up and kept looking for the next pellet(dont know if that has anything to do with it at all.)

I phoned the vets this morning, they wont look at her today as she is now ok and hopping about so im phoning later to book her in for a check up and perhaps spay on monday/tuesday.

Sorry for the extremely long post!

I'd insist the vets see her today if I were you. She's already had recoveries - but has then gone downhill again, so the fact she's okay now doesn't mean she's better. It was probably a receptionist not a vet saying they wouldn't see her - I'd ring back...

I'd insist the vets see her today if I were you. She's already had recoveries - but has then gone downhill again, so the fact she's okay now doesn't mean she's better. It was probably a receptionist not a vet saying they wouldn't see her - I'd ring back...

They said they were fully booked today, so I didnt press it. I could try another vets though.

i would deffo get her an appointment for tuesday, if she gets worse again until then theres always emergency vets.

i remember being really scared on one of Alvins stasis bouts because he was losing his balance and at one point even lay on his back tummy up.. cute when they are well but terrifiying when they are poorly :(

hope she gets the all clear at the vets xxx

i would deffo get her an appointment for tuesday, if she gets worse again until then theres always emergency vets.

i remember being really scared on one of Alvins stasis bouts because he was losing his balance and at one point even lay on his back tummy up.. cute when they are well but terrifiying when they are poorly :(

hope she gets the all clear at the vets xxx

Thankyou :( I will let you know. I was very worried she went into stasis after but I wasnt sure. Il make sure I tell them at the vets.

Back