• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barbaring?

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Bailey and Bracken have been a bit tense since spring fever hit. I noticed yesterday he was grooming her head but it seemed quite rough. When I took a closer look she has a bald patch. Should I be concerned? He's never done it before so I don't think its a boredom thing, more likely he's exerting his dominance.

I'm not sure about the answer to this but I'd not be too concerned. You may get more responses if you changed the title to "over grooming" as barbering is normally more associated with rat behaviour so may not initially be flagged up as something bunny people have experience of.

Just a thought though as it may be a bunny term too.

Barbering is definately a bunny term....My Lily did it to BB.....
Just observe for any angry behaviour.
Perhaps some more toys and chews would be beneficial.:wave:

It may just be that she's moulting so the patch where he's grooming her has come out before it was quite 'ready' and the new fur growing through hasn't got to the surface yet. I would just keep a close eye for any bad behaviour or for any soreness.

Thanks for the correction. I had never seen it used to describe rabbit behaviour before so I apologise :wave:

No probs....my vet used it and took pics of BB to show the guys he lectures...and he is just the cats whiskers!! (in case you didnt know about my fetish for him....I think everybun else does!!!:lol::lol::lol:)

Thanks guys. I haven't seen him do it since and they seem to of calmed down. I think maybe they were having an off day.

Back