• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warm Weather

mollyjoker

Mama Doe
It does not seem possible that a few months ago we were worried about the cold weather with our bunnies.Snugglesafes etc.I honestly think they cope better in cold weather especially if living in a group or pair.
Have noticed with this warm weather my 2 are a bit lethargic and flopping down more.When opening the wendy house to let them come out to free range not so enthusiastic.Then after a chasing session around the garden can be found flopped out in the mud in the shade.
So making sure they have plenty of shade and water.
They do like to lay in the sun early morning though.:love:

Mint has a nice big garden parasol to sit under if he feels the heat, and I have to say that even yesterday he spent half the time under it. Saying that, he's not moulted yet.

Mr Tigger Moo gets sleepy when its warm.
Other then the usual frozen bottles,shade etc, does anybody have any other ideas on how to keep buns cool.

Other then the usual frozen bottles,shade etc, does anybody have any other ideas on how to keep buns cool.

Cover part of the run with a wet towel. It helps cool the surrounding air.

Even though my lot use water bottles they appreciate a bowl of water as well. Willow dips her ears in it to cool down! :lol:

Back