• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive ended up with my neighbours bunnies im so cross

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Last night as i went to close my lot up, i noticed next doors bunnies still out so i sent her a text asking if she was aware they were still out:oops:
her response waqs yes i cant get them in so they,ll be out all night:roll: i shot round there and got them in within 2 minutes:roll: tonight i find out they havnt been cleaned out for 3 weeks:shock::evil:
so tonight i now have 2 new additions plus thousands of maggots in there hutch:cry::cry:
luckily both bunnies are ok, checked them both thouroughly and are now settled in a clean hutch and are munching on fresh hay:D
but i really am so hurt by what she,s done:cry: i thought we were friends, im only next door the bunnies have been out all night on more than 1 occasion, there really is no excuse:cry:
she has 2 boys, a 2 year old and a 5 month old, and 1 hutch to clean but cant seem to manage it:roll:
i have an 8 year old a 6 year old a 6 month old and 12 hutches plus a shed to clean but i still manange it
this is pure neglect:cry: i feel so angry i could cry:cry::cry:

:evil::cry: that is so sad. I used to work with someone who told me her rabbit got maggots round her bum and either got pretty much eaten alive by them or had to get PTS, can't remember which :( how can people let their poor animals get in this state??? :evil:

Poor things. Living next door to someone who's involved in rescuing you would think she'd know better:roll:

This doesn't surprise me at all, some people get these pets and then think they are self cleaning etc, they dont realise that time and effort goes into them!
Glad you have got them before fly strike sets in etc

Last night as i went to close my lot up, i noticed next doors bunnies still out so i sent her a text asking if she was aware they were still out:oops:...tonight i find out they havnt been cleaned out for 3 weeks:shock::evil:...but i really am so hurt by what she,s done:cry: i thought we were friends, im only next door the bunnies have been out all night on more than 1 occasion, there really is no excuse:cry:
she has 2 boys, a 2 year old and a 5 month old, and 1 hutch to clean but cant seem to manage it:roll:i have an 8 year old a 6 year old a 6 month old and 12 hutches plus a shed to clean but i still manange it
:

oh dear. i am sorry for the buns and sorry you are upset. and of course it's great that you have taken the buns in and know how to look after them properly.

look at what you have written. when did her rabbits become your business? do you really think she neglects them to upset you? why do you think you have the right to compare her life with yours, and find yourself so much better than her?

please, think this through. i am sure you are genuinely upset that the rabbits are not taken care of. i am sure you do a fantastic job with yours. but if i came round to your house and checked it out, found something i didn't like (for example, you might not have any books on philosophy or you might not have taught your children to pray) would you think i had to right to imagine you had done that to upset me, or to compare you with me and find myself great and you lacking?!!!

try to stick to the calm and friendly support i'm sure you usually give. i'm sure you'll get better results that way.

im not even going to respond to that:roll:however if the bunnies had of got flystrike you,d be saying i could of done more:cry:

in my eyes there is NO excuse not to clean bunnies out for 3 WEEKS,:evil:

oh dear. i am sorry for the buns and sorry you are upset. and of course it's great that you have taken the buns in and know how to look after them properly.

look at what you have written. when did her rabbits become your business? do you really think she neglects them to upset you? why do you think you have the right to compare her life with yours, and find yourself so much better than her?

please, think this through. i am sure you are genuinely upset that the rabbits are not taken care of. i am sure you do a fantastic job with yours. but if i came round to your house and checked it out, found something i didn't like (for example, you might not have any books on philosophy or you might not have taught your children to pray) would you think i had to right to imagine you had done that to upset me, or to compare you with me and find myself great and you lacking?!!!

try to stick to the calm and friendly support i'm sure you usually give. i'm sure you'll get better results that way.

I found your post a bit odd :? If you went round to someone's house and found their children living in their own filth...you'd report it right? Why is it different with animals?

Personally I think there is a time for calm and friendly support, and there is also a definite time to act. All anyone can do is do what they think is best at any one time, and bunnyrun did this.

Lucky bunnies, I think, to have someone looking out for them.

moralising doesn't help. taking the bunnies in does. a different approach might have led to a different outcome, positive for friends as well as rabbits.

happybun...I don't think bunnyrun is saying that the neighbour neglected the rabbits to get at her...just that she feels disappointed that the neighbour hadn't acted more responsibly. After all, animal neglect is a criminal offence, not something to be ignored :)

What's wrong with that?

Not very good to have maggots in with any rabbit but, when you have a rescue so close by, its beyond comprehension.

Are you keeping them permanently now, or is she wanting them back?

hmm. who made bunnyrun boss of her neighbour? if your neighbour rang you late, telling you that one of your household chores wasn't done, would you thank them?

i don't quibble about bunnyrun's concern for the animals. and her action in taking in the rabbits is generous. but i can well see how she would get right up the neighbour's nose, and not make the long-term situation any better.

Bunnyrun i would have done the exact same thing. If they can't be bothered with the buns then they shouldn't be keeping them. Well done!

The animals can't speak for themselves so someone has to!

I wouldn't give a stuff about getting up the neighbours nose.... her neighbour would probably have a brooken one if she was my neighbou and I was the one finding the buns... like she says she thought they were friends... I think she is also dissappointed that her friend had such a dark secret! Perhaps she though she knew her! A neighbour that is a friend should be able to taken some constructive critisism... and appreciate the fact that someone else gives a toss about her rabbits!
110% behind you in your actions x x

Back