• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exsma

A while ago Heather had loads of dandruff type stuff on her skin, thinking it was mites I took her to the vet and he said it was probaly exsma :shock: I didn't even know rabbits could get exsma :shock:
She has it again now (it always seems to happen when she's moulting) and I'm a bit worried about her, has anyone else experianced exsma on their rabbits?? Will she always have it or will it pass with time??

PS It has never seemed to bother her but I can't help but worry :roll:

Hello! It could be that she has dry skin and is itchy because of her moult.

Did the vet take skin scrapings to double check for parasites?

I have eczema and it is very irritating - mine reacts to the pollen around and I take antihistamine to help with the itching. I would think she'd be scratching like anything if it was eczema though have no knowledge as to whether rabbits can indeed get this or not!

It may help either way to brush her - I just got a Small Furminator brush for Hollie from ebay and it is amazing - got loads of 'loose' fur off her! So maybe worth investing in one.

Thanks .. yeah I'm starting to think that she just has very dry skin, its weird 'cos she doesn't scratch anymore than a normal rabbit :? Shes going to the vets for vaccs on Friday so I'll then :)
Those brushes look good, I think I will get one of those :)

Thanks .. yeah I'm starting to think that she just has very dry skin, its weird 'cos she doesn't scratch anymore than a normal rabbit :? Shes going to the vets for vaccs on Friday so I'll then :)
Those brushes look good, I think I will get one of those :)

Hope you get something sorted for her anyway. She has my sympathy!

*Sends non-itchy-flaky vibes*

Back