• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Chewing

Hurri_Swords

Warren Scout
I really need to find a way to her stop chewing her hutch. She is driving me crazy, I can't handle it at the moment. Any ideas? She had wooden chew toys, bell toys, treat toys and she is neutured?

What size is her hutch? Does she have a run attached. Usually it's because they need more space. You can get some really stimulating toys for buns too! :)

um.....i have no advise but you have my sympathy. i havetwo that chew chew chew! no stoping them. sometimes they just like to chew, unfortunatly they dont like to chew "allowed" items

protect the wooden corners by attaching some metal cornering to them, you can buy it in B&Q , wickes etc

My boys have masses of space, company, toys, tunnels, chairs etc, but the best fun of all is chewing the legs of their hutches or the wall that divides the aviary :roll: Apparently no other wood tastes quite so good......

I have lined all chewable edges (and chewed edges) with plastic lipping, which I got from B&Q and attached using lil nails. This has done the job wonderfully :)

You can see in this pic all the white lipping on the run and hutch.

DSC04165.jpg

I have lined all chewable edges (and chewed edges) with plastic lipping, which I got from B&Q and attached using lil nails. This has done the job wonderfully :)

You can see in this pic all the white lipping on the run and hutch.

DSC04165.jpg

Looks good! (I decided to just save up for a new hutch in a year or so's time :lol:)

Back