• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im going to rehome Teddy.

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I bought a big dog crate and have tried to bond them properly today.... it was a complete failure. They were ok to start with but then Joey started as usual, not just furr pulling really going for Teddy who was doing absolutely nothing to provoke him. Eventually Joey started going for Tinkerbell and Dreamer too and just getting more wound up :cry: i cannot risk my trio falling out, i have done this before and im not one to give up easily but i cannot risk my three and its not fair on Teddy.

He is desperate for another bunny to cuddle up too, he adores Tinkerbell and they get on great, but i think three unrelated bucks and a doe is just not going to work.

Please please dont tell me i need to give it more time or to think more about it, for the last few months i have thought of nothing else. I love Teddy to bits, im trying to type through the tears right now, but i have to do whats best for him and my trio. I cannot afford another bun to go with Teddy and I have to stick to what i said in the beginning.

He will only go to a 5* home and will stay here until we find it. Im so stressed and poorly at the mo, this has just broken my heart. :cry:

Last edited:
:cry::cry::cry::cry: Big hugs to you hun. I know how difficult a decision that will have been for you - but you have to do what is best for all of you all round.

I am sure you will find gorgeous Teddy a wonderful home xxx

:cry: I really feel for you. Sounds like you have really thought it through, I know some people on here are anti-rehoming but sometimes rehoming is right for the bun. I don't know the full story here but you do and if you think its the right thing to do that's your decision :( poor you, sending good home vibes xxxxxx

im so sorry Lara, it seemed so promising when they were together briefly a few months ago didnt it?:(

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I bought a big dog crate and have tried to bond them properly today.... it was a complete failure. They were ok to start with but then Joey started as usual, not just furr pulling really going for Teddy who was doing absolutely nothing to provike him. Eventually Joey started going for Tinkerbell and Dreamer too and just getting more wound up :cry: i cannot risk my trio falling out, i ahve done this before and im not one to give up easily but i cannot risk my three and its not fair on Teddy.

He is desperate for another bunny to cuddle up too, he adores Tinkerbell and they get on great, but i think three unrelated bucks and a doe is just not going to work.

Please please dont tell me i need to give it more time or to think more about it, for the last few months i have thought of nothing else. I love Teddy to bits, im trying to type through the tears right now, but i have to do whats best for him and my trio. I cannot afford another bun to go with Teddy and I have to stick to what i said in the beginning.

He will only go to a 5* home and will stay here until we find it. Im so stressed and poorly at the mo, this has just broken my heart. :cry:

Would it work to have 2 pairs, Teddy and Tinkerbell - Dreamer and Joey ?

If not then I think you are been very selfless in rehoming Teddy. I know how hard that will be for you to do.

Whatever you decide I KNOW you will put the best interests of ALL your Rabbits first xx

:cry: I really feel for you. Sounds like you have really thought it through, I know some people on here are anti-rehoming but sometimes rehoming is right for the bun. I don't know the full story here but you do and if you think its the right thing to do that's your decision :( poor you, sending good home vibes xxxxxx

I rescued him with parsnipbun and took him on as a foster bun but fell in love with him, was hoping i might be able to keep him if he bonded :(

Is there a local rescue that would try bonding for you for a donation? If you are poorly and stressed this can't help. If rehoming is your only option I can tell that decision is not taken lightly but sometimes these things happen and you will find him a great new pad to be happy in. Good luck xxxx

Would it work to have 2 pairs, Teddy and Tinkerbell - Dreamer and Joey ?

If not then I think you are been very selfless in rehoming Teddy. I know how hard that will be for you to do.

Whatever you decide I KNOW you will put the best interests of ALL your Rabbits first xx

Joey and Dreamer adore Tinkerbell, shes what holds everything together it just wouldnt work. I cant even described how gutted i am, i love that rabbit so much :cry: I have to stick with what i said in the beginning. :cry:

Is there a local rescue that would try bonding for you for a donation? If you are poorly and stressed this can't help. If rehoming is your only option I can tell that decision is not taken lightly but sometimes these things happen and you will find him a great new pad to be happy in. Good luck xxxx

There is no rescues local that do bonding. Joey was going for everyone including me by this afternoon. I had trouble bonding my original four but it was not like this, i really am desperate for them to bond but i just cant see anyone being able to do it, it also risks my threes bond.

I've just had to take buzz back to the rescue as both him and Molly hated each other. I have brought home another gorgeous boy who Molly has been introduced to and they seem to like each other - fingers crossed. I so wanted to keep buzz but it would not have been fair to keep them both separate and I couldn't have 4 buns. So I know how you are feeling but you just have to think you are doing the right thing for him.:thumb:

Joey and Dreamer adore Tinkerbell, shes what holds everything together it just wouldnt work. I cant even described how gutted i am, i love that rabbit so much :cry: I have to stick with what i said in the beginning. :cry:

I can imagine how awful it will be for you :cry:

Maybe if you could home him relatively locally you could still visit him ?

im sorry this has not worked but you must remember rabbits naturally dont live in pairs yes they live in groups for safety but they only go together for breeding if another rabbit goes in their area in the warren they will attack so your rabbit is doing what is natural to him and maybe is just happy alone ;)
you should really keep the rabbit too just provide somewhere for him to live with you im sure you thought of this before getting him because they dont get on doesnt mean you should just rehome him there is ways around it im sure
{{hugs}}

Last edited:
im sorry this has not worked but you must remember rabbits naturally dont live in pairs yes they live in groups for safety but they only go together for breeding if another rabbit goes in their area in the warren they will attack so your rabbit is doing what is natural to him and maybe is just happy alone ;)
you should really keep the rabbit too just provide somewhere for him to live with you im sure you thought of this before getting him because they dont get on doesnt mean you should just rehome him there is ways around it im sure
{{hugs}}

If you read my posts you'll realise hes a foster bunny i rescued with another forum member but i wanted to try and keep him myself as ive grown attached, the rabbit that is attacking everyone is Joey who is part of my trio, ive seperated teddy from them and my trio have settled down. Im well aware of how a rabbit warren works thankyou, my bunnies love living together. :?

I'm so sorry. :cry::cry: I know how much Teddy means to you and it's not a decision you will have taken lightly; I can imagine how gutted you must be but you're putting his needs before your own.

I have to say I disagree with the last poster though - there are a few bunnies that like to live alone, but the majority are much happier with a partner.

{{hugs}}

NC is NOT just rehoming because the Rabbits are not getting along.
Rabbits do benefit from the company of one of their own species, not 'just for breeding'.

Back