• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a bun

Sazzii

Warren Scout
So my friend found a bun in her garden yesterday. He's a boy, possibly a french lop but we're not sure. We have him in an indoor cage at the moment. We rang the RSPCA but unfortunately they're full...

I was just wondering is there anything I need to do? Could he have fleas or anything? :S

He's called Max ^^

firstly keep him seperate from any other buns piggies etc,, fleas you wouldbe able to see black specks of dirt or the flea themselves,

how is his eyes bottom claws etc
he have plumbs showing then if you can confirm a boy??
he eating drinking pooing fine,

white flakes could indicate mites
does he seem looked after

as found in garden have neighbours been tried in case a bun is missing, report to all vet about found bun, as someone may go in to report, perhaps even walk into your local police station

Yeah, we've tried all the neighbours in the area - rang the RSPCA as well as other rescue centres in the area. Will ring the vets now and let them know.

He is definately a boy :)
We also have no idea how old he is :S

He seems quite relaxed, and friendly. He is a little skinny but apart from that he looks healthy. Can't see any signs of fleas or mites.

19052010194.jpg

Not a very good picture, he looks really small on it hehe, will try and get another later :)

he looks quite healthy from that piccie, loverly looking boy, someone must be missing him :(

hes a sooty fawn looks more like a dwarf lop or maybe a oversized mini. Have you checked with local vets/pet shop windows etc to see if anyone is missing him?

I would take him to the vets and get them to scan him for a microchip.....some owners do microchip their rabbits!!!

Put up posters locally just saying rabbit found, call (insert your number) dont say what breed he is or that he is a he.

try on the lost pet registers as well or gumtree

I have just went outside to check incase one of my mob had excaped again
then I noticed you was in hull and erm fudge is a female Im losing it today I think

I would take him to the vets and get them to scan him for a microchip.....some owners do microchip their rabbits!!!

I was just about to suggest this also :wave: make sure he's not chipped and belonging to someone first, if that proves fruitless then start with the local posters etc :) He does look lovely, I'm sure someone must be missing him :(

He's like my Oscar ...he looks like he's been looked after, could you do a couple of notices and slip them through peoples letterboxes? no photo though...if the owners come to claim him they'll be able to describe him to you :D

Back